Hello! I am Robin Richards, instrumental teacher. It is my belief that anyone can learn to play a musical instrument, provided they set aside a small amount of time for regular practice. Welcome!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach violin, viola and piano, plus music theory, to all levels.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I hold a BA Music [hons.] degree from Middlesex and a Certificate in Education from Birmingham.
- How much do you charge?
I charge a standard rate of £34 per hour [£17 for 30 mins.] There is however a supplementary charge for travel, depending upon the distances involved.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my base in East Barnet.
- When are you available?
I am available most days from 4.30 to approx. 7.00pm, or weekends from midday onwards.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels, from beginners to Grade 8 and beyond.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Grades 1 - 8, school auditions, theory exams., etc.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
You can do it -- just believe in yourself and keep up the practice!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Trained as a class teacher, I have been working as an instrumental tutor for 17 years, and am currently employed by Barnet Music Service and Enfield Arts Support Service.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
As an employee of Barnet and Enfield, I hold a frequently-updated CRB certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at Middlesex University [BA Music, 3 yrs.] and at West Midlands College of Education [Certificate in Education, 3yrs]
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I teach young people of all ages, in schools and privately. I currently visit 7 Primary schools and 2 Secondary schools per week.
music theory lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£34||£34||Not available|