I base my classes around making a topic interesting as what I have found then it is easier to learn and remember if there is an interest within the material. I have given tutoring ranging from KS2 - A level. I am friendly and can get along with my student well, as it wasn't too long ago I was the one being tutored.
I am a university student looking to help younger students achieving high grades to allow them entry into a Russell Group university, like myself. I have been tutoring for 1 year at a high standard, never failing to meet the target set by the student/parents.
I am currently studying Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Economics at Queen Mary, University of London. Having attended La Retraite Sixth Form (2015-2017) and Thomas More Catholic School (2010-2015) prior. I am an analytical and logical professional with knowledge of fluent Spanish, spoken and written. Due to years of being a prefect whilst at high school and sixth form, I have developed extensive communicational and leadership skills. I am honest, hardworking, reliable and well-organised. I have a positive attitude, lots of patience matched with a good sense of humor. Emphasised by my enjoyment of working with new people. My career ambition is to work within the Finance industry, notably within the Banking sector, therefore I am seeking an opportunity to gain some relevant experience and an insight into any careers.
Queen Mary, University of London (2018-2021)
BSc Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Economics (First class honors expected)
A Levels – La Retraite Sixth Form (2015-2017)
Mathematics (A), Further Mathematics (B), Physics (B)
GCSEs – Thomas More Catholic School (2010-2015)
9 A & B grades achieved, including English, Maths and Further Mathematics.
Lime Street Guide, Data Research - (July 2018 – present)
• Compiled data on Lloyd’s of London and MGAA members, to be published on company website.
• Analysed compiled data collected to create reports on each member, which contributed towards website.
• In turn gained understanding of the Insurance sector in the UK, mainly within London.
• Furthered knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel specially.
• Provided direct input into website design and construction.
Mathematics & Physics Tutor - (September 2018 – present)
• Helped students to understand the concepts taught in AQA/Edexcel/OCR Mathematics & Physics, both A-Level and GCSE.
• Explained exam style questions to students, dissected questions to give students knowledge of how to approach them.
Arc Hospitality Recruitment, Bartender and Caterer - (November 2017 – present)
• Experience working as Bartender and hospitality customer/catering service.
• In turn great communicational skills, and great team-player.
• Gained unmatched knowledge of being part of a team, a working organism that needs all parts to function, especially during extremely busy periods.
• Learnt to work under pressure, sometimes working to de-escalate hostile situations.
• Learnt how to operate cash register with large quantities of money, highlighting my trustworthiness.
• Able to manipulate and create pivot tables in Microsoft Excel.
• IT Skills; ability to manipulate and work with; Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer; Apple Mac software. Also able to organise and schedule meetings through room/hospitality bookings and early notices.
• Very quick learner and great independent worker.
• Analytical and logical, can quickly identify a problem and work towards finding the most efficient solution.
• Very developed numerical ability due to years of pure, core and further maths study.
• Developed leadership skills from years of being prefect and captain.
• Fluent Spanish speaker.
• Very organised and goal-orientated, able to plan ahead and stick to itinerary.
• Good personality, able to work alongside others in the work place.
Hard working and strongly driven to succeed or find a way to succeed.
• School prefect 2010-2016
• Captain of under 16 football team, 2014-2015.
• Raised +£300 for charity by completing The Tough Mudder.
• Avid supporter of Just Kid Law.
• Volunteered at British Heart Foundation, 2015-2016.
• Member of Mensa, High IQ Society.
• Keen athlete, I play Football and Cycle considerably, also being a passionate football fan.
• Music, I enjoy English, American and Latin American music genres.
• I am fond of all type of Movies, with Horror and Comedy being my two favourite genres (separately).
• I enjoy cooking, I take pleasure in learning new recipes from a wide range of cultures.
References are provided upon request.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, statistics lessons for all!
Taking logic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£280||£300|