Hello. I am a qualified primary teacher based in South-East London. I have a family of my own and know how important your child's education and learning is to you.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach English, Maths and Science to Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 children, and English and Maths to children in Key Stage 3. In addition I can also teach music to all age ranges.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a degree in music from King's College London and a PGCE (Primary) from the Institute of Education in London.
- How much do you charge?
A one hour lesson is £25. Group lessons are charged at £40 an hour for 2 children and £50 an hour for 3 children. I charge a small fee to cover the cost of travel where lessons take place in your own home.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my own home near Eltham and Chislehurst. I am willing to travel to Bromley, Orpington, Sidcup, Bexleyheath and surrounding areas as well as many SE and SW postcodes.
- When are you available?
I am available after school during the week (from 4.30pm onwards) and on a Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Key Stage 1-3 children.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am able to prepare children for the 11+ and for SATS.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Online tutoring can take place using webcam or chat facilities.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have worked across the primary age range for the last ten years at a school in South London, including for 3 years as a Year 6 teacher, and 2 years as a Year 2 teacher. I have prior tutoring experience, including preparation for the 11+ examinations. I have experience when working with children with a variety of Special Educational Needs as I am also the Inclusion Manager at my school.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the Institute of Education in London. I qualified in 2002.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the General Teaching Council.
• BMus (Music), King's College London
• PGCE Primary, Institute of Education, London
• Current CRB
• General Teaching Council
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|