As a Year 13 IB candidate, my focus is on providing support to students at GCSE level. Hence, I will take the student-centred approach to tutor in that I will assess the student's weakest areas in each topic. I will advise the student to personally make a list of their weakest areas which must be addressed whereby assessments will be taken both before and after tutoring to determine the student's progress.
I am a Year 13 student and I recently finished my International Baccalaureate (IB) examinations at Dartford Grammar School, having studied Higher Level Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I achieved an A* in Maths and A in both Additional Maths and Chemistry at IGCSE level. Officially, this will be my first tutoring role, if my application is successful. However, I have tutored my friends and younger siblings when they needed support and so I believe myself to be suited to provide tutorship.
Education and Qualifications
** Offers received from five universities (Nottingham, Exeter, Surrey, Leicester & Essex) to study B Eng in Electronic & Electrical Engineering.
Dartford Grammar School For Boys, Kent 2017 – 2019
International Baccalaureate – predicted grades:
● Higher Level (HL) Mathematics (Lvl 5);
● HL Chemistry (Lvl 5);
● HL Physics (Lvl 5);
● Standard Level (SL) English Language and Literature (Lvl 5);
● SL Environmental Systems and Societies (Lvl 5);
● SL French (Lvl 5)
The Roman Ridge School, Accra, Ghana 2007 – 2017
Nine IGCSEs: grades A* - C, including Maths, Additional Maths, English and Triple Science.
Work placement at CoreNett Limited, Accra, Ghana July 2015 – August 2015
● Languages: English (native), French (conversational).
● Working in a team through group work.
● IT Skills: Computer literate. Competent user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and internet search engines.
Extra Curricular Activities
● Music: I use Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) such as Logic Pro X in my spare time to create music. I have created an online music portfolio where my instrumentals are available for purchase.
● Volunteering: I have participated in several sponsored walks to raise money for charities in Ghana.
● Sports: I have been a member of the football team in almost every school I have attended, sometimes leading the team to victory in my role as Team Captain. I have also represented my previous school in volleyball competitions and taken part in inter-house athletics competitions in each school. I hold a Diver’s Certificate from an Operation Wallacea expedition in Honduras where I gathered marine information for scientists from Cambridge University.
● British Citizen.
● UK Provisional Driving License holder.
● Medically fit for work.
● Available to work full-time till September 2020 (Gap Year).
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|