I am a Forensic Science Graduate with Bilingual capability in English and Cantonese/Chinese.
I am able to provide Math & Statistics and (Analytical) Chemistry to any interesed party up to undergraduate level, as well as Cantonese/Chinese lesson with my extensive understanding of the language and cultures as a native speaker.
Though my tutoring style would be more academic-orientated and strategic, I am easily appoarchable and flexible to accomodate your need; and would include case study where appropiate, hence make your learning relatable to real life. My bilingual capability would also be helpful in your learning if Cantonese/Chinese is your native tongue, or you would like to gain appreciable insight into the nuances and idiomatic Cantonese/Chinese and have fun.
My tutoring experience included about 2 years of volunteer tutorship to a grass-root student diagnosed with ADHD; and numerous demonstration sessions during my 2-year employment in an academic laboratory environment to students with a variety of background, which provide the opportunity to be attentive and patient to assist students understanding the concept to be learnt.
Tak Yui (Marcox) PUN
2016-2017 University of Strathclyde, Scotland
Master of Science in Forensic Science
Achievements & Awards:
• Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships – awarded by Scottish Government & University of Strathclyde, Scotland
• Final Grade: Postgraduate Merit
• Affiliate Member of the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences
Research Dissertation: Limit of Detection of Handheld ATR-FTIR to In Situ Surface Trace Detection of Drug and the Potential Enhancement by SERS Substrate
2015-2016 University of Canberra, Australia
Graduate Diploma in Forensic Studies in Forensic Science
Achievements & Awards:
• Final GPA: 6.750/7
• Dean’s Excellence Award (2016) – achieving a GPA of 6.5 or above during semester 1
• Key subjects: Forensic Toxicology & Toxic Substances, Advanced Criminalistics, Forensic Analysis of DNA, Forensic Statistics (graduate level)
2011-2012 University of Canberra, Australia
Bachelor of Applied Science in Forensic Studies
Achievements & Awards:
• Final GPA: 6.067/7
• Golden Key International Honour Society (Recognised Member) – invitation-only membership to academically distinguished graduates
• Student Award of Excellence (2012) – achieving highest mark in Forensic Chemistry and Environmental Forensic Science during Semester 1
• Dean’s Excellence Award (2011) – achieving GPA of 6.5 or above during semester1
• Key subjects: Forensic Biology, Forensic Chemistry, Environmental Forensic Science, Forensic Toxicology and Drug analysis, Molecular and Cellular Biology
2009-2010 Canberra Institute of Technology, Australia
Advanced Diploma in Forensic Science (Crime Scene Investigation)
• Key subjects: Bloodstain Pattern Analysis, Criminalistics, Principle of Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation
April 2014 – September 2016 Laboratory Technician – The Open University of Hong Kong
● Provide support in testing with/maintenance of analytical instruments (e.g. Fluorometry, ICP-OES, TOC, HPLC etc.) and equipment (e.g. 2-4 decimals Electronic balance, autopipettes etc.) in a multi-disciplinary environment
● Promote and enforce proper laboratory practices of users in cohesion to the guideline established by the University safety committee
● Participate and liaise routine laboratory duties, and development tasks
● Assist in planning and material/instruments preparation of scientific research/academic experiments in a timely manner; materials ranged from chemical, biological (including live animal), genetic and microbiological components
● Demonstration of instruments/laboratory technique to relevant users/students as per required
● Preliminarily review the reservation request and risk assessment of the experiments/projects externally proposed by relevant parties
● General chemical and biological waste handling
● Delegate of Laboratory Superintendent to oversee the use and maintenance of electric-steam autoclave chamber
November 2013 – March 2014 Laboratory Assistant – The Open University of Hong Kong
● Assist in daily operation of the laboratory precinct (e.g. stocking, general house-keeping, labware cleaning) in a multi-disciplinary environment
● Provide technical assistance and maintenance of instruments
● Assist in materials preparation for academic and research occasions
Additional skills and experience
Language proficiency Native Speaker of Cantonese and Traditional Chinese
Fluent in English – 22/06/2015 IELTS (Academic, overall score 7.0)
Volunteering experience Voluntary Tutor – Principal Chan Free Tutorial World, Hong Kong
• 11/2013 – 07/2015
• Provided on-going one-to-one academic guidance for underprivileged
• Students assigned - grassroots P.6 student diagnosed with ADHD
Tertiary institutes Open Day Assistant – Canberra Institute of Technology (Forensic centre)
• On 28/08/2010
• Demonstrator of the Ion Mobility Spectrometry, a widely used instrument in Custom and other forensic disciplines for drugs, explosive and narcotics initial screening
• Provided walkthrough of other fingerprint, footprint and ballistic identification equipment
• Organised in-house Forensic Crime Laboratory tours and handle inquiries, approximately 30-40 visitor in total
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - chinese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||Not available|