I am an understanding and compassionate tutor who gives lessons to primary, secondary school level and GCSE students who wish to achieve their potential grades in their exams. I am very patient and am keen to adapt to any student's needs by creating plans to organise the lessons and track the student's success.
I am a second year Biochemistry student moving onto third year after summer and I have been tutoring students of a variety of ages for two years. I have taught groups of six students and individual students and they have achieved excellent grades in year 2 SATs, 11+ and GCSE levels. I hope to continue this further with many more students!
I am a motivated, ambitious and conscientious 2nd year STEM student studying Biochemistry (BSc) who is looking for an exciting challenge to work in the summer. With many years of experience working with a wide range of people I would like the opportunity to continue this and work with passionate people to contribute with new projects. I hope my STEM degree discipline alongside my passion for striving for success can work towards gaining an insight into my summer job.
• Team work – work in a dynamic environment with large teams at the GP surgeries, working to achieve targets. I have also demonstrated excellent team work at university through successfully completing group assignments such as podcasts.
• Communication skills – I have consistently built good relations with patients over the phone and face to face. Whilst tutoring children I have maintained consistent lines of communications between parents about their child’s progress.
• Responsible – I was chosen to lead the Saturday Clinic at the GP surgery independently and as an innovative thinker, I have learnt to make appropriate yet difficult decisions regarding patients. I am able to think strategically and generate new ideas that others may not have thought of.
• Leadership skills – I have shown great leadership skills as an administrator as I am often Leads of certain disciplines and it is my responsibility to ensure that targets are met. I am also social media rep of an inter-university netball club which allows me to promote the club’s events, persuade other members to join and follow strict time deadlines.
• Strong English Verbal and Writing Skills – Working as an administrator for over three years has allowed me to write emails and letters to doctors and head office in a professional and succinct manner. I am well-spoken and have written multiple scientific essays as well as lab reports to a high university grade standard.
Queen Mary University of London 2018 - 2021
Biochemistry BSc – currently working towards a 2:1
Woodhouse College 2015 - 2017
3 A Levels including:
Chemistry- B History - B Biology - B
Highbury Fields School 2010-2015 10 GCSEs including:
Biology – A* Chemistry – A* Physics – A* Mathematics – A* English Language – A English Literature – A* History – A* French – A Graphics – A Bengali – A
Previous employment and Work Experience:
NHS Medical Receptionist – October 2016- Present
● Work with countless doctors, pharmacists, receptionists and patients at two surgeries to ensure good communication through relaying information when working on tasks
● Successfully complete administrative duties to improve my organisational skills
● Worked well in a busy dynamic environment for several years
● Exceptional leadership skills as I have managed the Saturday Clinic independently for three years
Private Tutor – September 2019 – Present
● Tutor English, Maths and Science subjects to a number of students each week
● Successfully organise lesson plans for each scheduled lesson
● Monitored the children’s progress to ensure they are keeping to their targets
Exam Invigilating – May-June 2019
● Ensured exams were conducted according to guidelines
● Worked with different exams officers to communicate students’ challenges
● Worked in a team with other invigilators to ensure the smooth running of exams
Group Tutor – September 2018-April 2019
● Behaviour managed 6 challenging children each week to maintain a calm working environment
● Required patience and understanding when interacting with the children.
Volunteer at RSPCA Charity Shop – Mar 2013-2016
• Speaking to ranges of customers answering their questions about the second-hand stock
• Organised new stock and made sure they were appropriate to be sold
• Worked on the till selling stock
Volunteer at the Muslim Educational Trust – November 2015
● Helped in the book stock taking
• Organised any new orders that were being delivered
Volunteer at community centre youth group – September 2012-2014
• Fundraised money through fundraising events to improve the local mosque
• Greeted guests at events and directed them throughout the course of the events
Member of the QMUL buddy system
● I have worked with first year students to help them with settling into university life and showing them around campus.
● I have also helped them through any difficulties they may have had with the course in order to make them feel as comfortable as possible.
● I am social media lead and I play netball as part of an inter-university Netball team every week allowing me to take a break from my studies an engage in a team sport.
● I enjoy volunteering for charities such as Penny Appeal and Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospice
● Hiking in the countryside and I completed the Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award
References available upon request
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking spelling lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||£13||£65|
|10 hours||Not available||£10||£130|