My approach to teaching is methodical, I start off by going over the content by producing handouts, which we go through together and include learning activities for the student to complete. I then set exam questions for homework and we open the session by going through exam technique.
I am a second year law student at the University of Nottingham. I have been tutoring in GCSE geography and history for 3 months and one of my students has gone from a grade 7 to 9 with my techniques.
- Currently on track to receive a 2:1 in LLB Law, having achieved a 2:1 in my first year
- AAB at A-level (Geography, Economics, Chemistry) with an A in Geography AS (2018-19)
- 8 A*s, A, B at GCSE (2017)
- Tutored informally for 3 months (History and Geography)
- Tutored formally for 2 months (Geography)
- Fully qualified lifeguard
I have worked alongside Alyssa and watched her prepare many tutor sessions. She puts so much though it into each session to make it as engaging and as enjoyable as possible. She also is incredibly organised and responsive to her tutee’s needs and is willing to adapt to them. She is an excellent tutor.
I have been tutored by Alyssa in geography and history for the past 6 months now, she is always on time to lessons and throughly prepared. She presents the material in an engaging and digestible way as well as including enjoyable learning activities. Alyssa is a great tutor.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|