As a passionate and enthusiastic Maths tutor with a lot of tutoring experience at different levels, my goal is to give my pupils the confidence to tackle any Maths problems they may face using in-depth explanations and lots of practice work.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
9 GCSEs including A in English Language and A* in Maths and Further Maths.
B.Eng (1st Class Hons.) in Electronic Engineering
M.Sc. (with Distinction) in Electronic Engineering
Doctorate in Electronic Engineering (ongoing).
- How much do you charge?
£25 for Standard Grade or Intermediate 2 Maths
£28 for GCSE, IGSCE or Higher Maths
All prices inclusive of travel.
Free 15 mins initial consultation to assess the pupil's needs.
30% discount for group lessons.
- Where do you teach?
All around Edinburgh city - usually at the student's home if within 5 mile radius of EH11; else at my home.
- When are you available?
18:00 to 21:00 Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
09:00 to 15:00 Saturdays
14:00 to 16:00 Sundays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
14 - 60 years, at any level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Not currently available
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Practice, practice, practice! Train hard and expect success.
Margaret is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
1 year of full-time Maths and Further Maths teaching in a secondary school, 4 years of one-to-one Secondary Maths tutoring of younger siblings and cousins, 1 year tutoring undergraduate Maths students, 1 semester tutoring M.Sc Engineering students in Heriot Watt University, one-to-one tutoring in Standard Grade, Intermediate 2, GCSE, IGSCE, and Higher Maths for pupils in Edinburgh.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
The University of Nigeria
The University of Leeds UK
Heriot Watt University Edinburgh
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I'm currently teaching Standard Grade, Intermediate 2, Higher and IGCSE Maths to four enthusiastic teenagers. Most sessions I introduce a topic, we solve some problems together, they solve some independently, then we attempt some topic-specific past questions. I provide topic summary sheets and work sheets. Sometimes we work through school homework together. I always give some additional homework for extra practice.
• B.Eng Electronic Engineering (1st Class Hons)
• M.Sc Electronic Engineering (with distinction)
• Full CRB Disclosure, 2011.
• Institute of Engineering and Technology
Just to let u know that all the good hard work paid off ! Nicole got a 2 for credit maths, she started on a 5 this year ! Well done & thanks very much from Loraine & Nicole, see u Monday x
Hi, its Ingrid how are you? I just texted to let you know that i got an A in my maths exam. Thank you for your time, help and support it was essential to me.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|