I am a passionate musician who gets so much out of seeing students progress! The video should tell you everything else you need to know, you should watch that at this point. (concealed information)
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- 1on1 Bass Guitar Lessons
- Stand Alone Music Theory For All Instruments
- Performance (including dealing with performance anxiety)
- Music School Audition Preperation
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have been involved in music since I was 13 and it has always been an integral part of my life. I have studied at the Academy of Contemporary Music and the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance as well as touring and playing professionally throughout the UK and Europe. I currently hold a HND in Popular Music Performance.
- How much do you charge?
I encourage students to take weekly lessons as it is the most effective way to see results.
I offer a free introductory lesson where we can meet and discuss your bass goals.
All lessons can be booked in 4 hr blocks at £30 an hour but first 4 always at a discount of £25 per hour.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home studio in South London because I truly believe it offers a superior environment for learning. Although I also can travel to you if necessary.
- Professional Amplification (to hear exactly how YOU sound)
- High Quality Recording (for tracking and reviewing progress)
- Live Drums (I play drums YOU play bass)
- Keyboard (For easier explanation of musical concepts)
All this combines to create a unique experience for the student that is interesting, engaging, challenging but most of all FUN!
- When are you available?
Contact me and we can arrange times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All Ages and Levels.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare students for all Rock School Grades and all ABRSM Music Theory Grades
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I provide skype lessons and google hangout lessons
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Drawing from my own experience and research I have developed a unique teaching method that strives to draw out creativity and personal expression, whilst simultaneously providing a solid grounding in technique and fluency. I hope to share that with you.
If you'v read this far now is the time to watch the video : )
Simon is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught all ages and levels on the bass guitar, I have also written and facilitated various workshops as leader of a team or on my own.
Artist, Labels, Venues and Festivals I have worked with:
For full bio and more videos please visit: (concealed information)
Å¡ Healer Selecta (Freestyle Records).
Å¡ Oded Kafri (Hairam bullock, Jay Rodriguez,
Salif Keita, Yossi Fine, Hass Keita)
Å¡ The Drop
Å¡ Richard O Brien
Å¡ Jonny Virgo
Å¡ Jon Fairhurst (National Guitars)
Å¡ Big Dada Records (Roots Manuva,
Å¡ Jonny Drop
Å¡ Scarlett Black
Å¡ The Dustaphonics
Å¡Camden Jazz CafÃ©
Å¡Secret Garden Party
Å¡Cognac Festival (France)
Å¡Purple Weekend (Spain)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I have studied at both the Academy of Contemporary Music and the Institute of Contemporary Music Performance under:
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• Musicians Union
I enjoyed every single moment of every single lesson
music lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|