Firstly we shall discuss your current academic level and what you hope to achieve. My lessons are student centred, and will be tailored to your individual needs.
Depending on what is required, I offer live video classes ranging from 30 minutes to one hour. I can offer group classes or individual one to one sessions. If you would prefer to send your work for review, I can offer both email feedback or live feedback via webcam. Whatever your needs are I can match them and deliver a unique learning experience no matter your location or time commitment.
I am a PhD candidate with a Masters Degree in Social Research Methods and an Undergraduate Degree in History. I specialise in Early and Late Medieval periods but also have professional research training in Health and Social Care, with over 6 years work experience in the medical profession.
I have been tutoring for over a year and have helped many students achieve academic success. I offer tutoring in both Research Methods and Health and Social Care and offer proofreading and feedback services to help you refine your work before submission for those extra marks!
I charge only the minimum wage set by UK of £7.00 per hour. I believe in making education as cheap as possible as I understand that students need to make ends meet!
I teach only for the passion of my subjects and the benefit of my students. I charge to keep the lights on and the internet running so I can continue to deliver unique courses to students all over the world.
Hello and thank you for perusing my CV! Please see below for a list of my academic achievements and long-term work history.
I have been tutoring informally since 2015. I have tutored students in English, Social Science and Research Methods alongside historical essay reviews and feedback. Most of my students are young adults sitting their A-Levels or GCSE re-sits. I also delivered a lecture series for Adult Learners in Philosophical Studies. I have gained some experience in the last year tutoring undergraduate students in Psychiatry and Health and Social Care via my work experience.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about my background or credentials. Otherwise if you are interested in a free consultation (up to 1 hour) please contact me via the Portal.
Thank you and good luck in your studies!
Sept 14 – Sept 17 University of Nottingham
M.A Research Methods (Sociology)
Sep 08 – Jun 11 Nottingham Trent University
B.A History, Philosophy and International Relations
Single Honours Degree
Sep 05 – Jun 07 Leicester College
Sep 03 – Jun 05 Countesthorpe Community College
History A; English B; Science (Double Award) C
Maths C; Textiles A; English Literature A
Humanities A; Art B; French C
Jun 15 AQA – Nottingham Central College
Health and Social Care NVQ Level 3
Jan 17-Aug 18 Undergraduate Manager – Nottingham NHS
Trust/University of Nottingham
• My role was within the Nottingham NHS Trust coordinating the fourth-year undergraduate psychiatry attachment for undergraduate medical students at the University of Nottingham Medical School.
• I worked with the Director of Medical Education, senior consultants and teaching fellows to develop and implement the programme, ensuring high quality teaching and clinical placements were provided.
• I safeguarded sensitive student information and worked with support services on the behalf of students with additional needs.
• I identified areas of weakness within the course and worked with the team to improve processes to resolve potential issues.
Jun 16 – Oct 16 Live! Team Senior Co-ordinator– Highbury Hospital
• I worked across several different wards within acute mental health settings provide weekly activities to promote health and wellbeing to inpatients.
• I worked as part of a team tasked with recruiting patients to attend Trust council meetings, dispensing smoking cessation advice to patients and recording vital feedback from staff and patients about service management.
• I spent time with patients weekly, but my role also required me to manage the budgets for events, book talent, organise stalls, install features and promote the events.
Feb 14 – May 16 Aftercare Senior Co-ordinator – Nottingham
• I carried out full comprehensive assessments of service users and designed individually tailored recovery plans to identify the most appropriate interventions based on the service user’s needs.
• I co-ordinated the care and case management of clients and undertook comprehensive risk assessments and recovery care plans.
• I worked closely with all partnership members, monitoring service users progress throughout. I reviewed recovery plans, removing any blockages and providing feedback where necessary.
• I aimed to instil belief of Recovery in service users. I encouraged and enabled them to develop and re-integrate into their community.
• I ensured appropriate Mentor or Peer support was in place to support the service user on their recovery journey.
Jan 13 - Feb 14 Recovery Worker – Nottingham Recovery Network
• I facilitated one to one self-help groups and group sessions.
• Undertook client suitability assessments for referral to external organisations.
• I provided social support and crisis intervention.
• I attended networking events and developed working relationships with external partners.
• I organised and hosted regular activities and community events.
Aug ‘11 – Jan ‘13 Support worker – BAC-IN Addiction Services
• I worked as part of a team to deliver a drug and alcohol recovery service exclusively within the BME Community.
• I updated client records regularly and safeguarded sensitive information.
• I provided hospitality, advice and additional one to one support upon the request of the client.
• I managed the house keeping budget and appointment schedule on the behalf of myself and the team.
Lydia is a very intelligent and articulate professional, who is both very personable and approachable. I would personally recommend Lydia as an online tutor.
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, methodology lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£7|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£35|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£70|