I am patient, accommodating and creative. Therefore, I will evaluate what the best course of learning is for the student and alter my teaching methods to suit them. My lesson structure will be based on what the student requires help in the most and what I see as most helpful to the student and what will make them reach their full potential.
I am a student in Southampton who studies Sociology. I achieved grade A in both Psychology and Sociology A level and I have a history in teaching. I have taught students both individually and in groups. For example, one of my students went from a D grade in A level Psychology to a B grade.
Cancellation policy- if the student wishes to cancel without rearranging the full fee is still required however I am happy to rearrange any lessons free of charge
Personal summary: I am a motivated team player, with a drive to develop my skills and solve problems efficiently and quickly. I have had lots of experience with different types of people, making me good with dealing with difficult people but also providing an excellent service and experience for any people I work with. I am very enthusiastic and I work well in both teams and individually. I am always on time, as I am good with multitasking and balancing different tasks. My work experience has taught me to be patient, and handle pressure well. For example when I worked in Morrisons, I often worked at the rush hour and I had to work in a pressured environment, yet I managed to provide a speedy and pleasant service to my customers and often got many compliments as a result. My experience speaking the European Parliament at the Euroscola event provided me with confidence with public speaking in front of hundreds of people about issues I am passionate about.
Secondary school: Kendrick grammar school 2010-2015 College: Farnborough sixth form 2016-2018
Current university: University of Southampton
English literature: A* English language: A Math methods: C Math application: C Biology: C Chemistry: D Physics: C French: C Textiles: B Business studies: A Religious studies: B Arabic: A* Drama: B
Government and Politics: C Sociology: B
Sociology: A Psychology: A Government and Politics: C
Currently doing a bachelor’s degree in Sociology
• Volunteer teacher for math and English at Harmans water community centre, for children ages 4-13. This entailed helping disadvantaged children with their math and English skills, by explaining any confusing topics, composing mock exams and discussing their progress with parents. I did this for one year.
• Volunteer carer at West oak nursing home in Wokingham. My responsibilities included serving tea and coffee, helping feed the elderly, taking part in activities such as board games, poem reading and even singing and dancing. I volunteered here for one year.
• Volunteer at Binfield dog rescue in Binfield. I would come every morning to clean out the dog’s kennels, then walk each of them individually. The hardest part of this job was dealing with difficult customers and deciding who was good enough to be able to adopt the dogs. I volunteered here for one year, and still occasionally help out.
• Cashier at Morrisons in Bracknell. This was my first proper job, and I have grown a lot since I joined. I have learnt how to be patient, punctual and professional. I started working here in 2015 and finished in 2017.
• Volunteer tutor for A level Psychology and Sociology
• Supervisor at Coffee Barker in which I oversaw a team as well as opening and closing the store, counting the money at the end of the day and creating cocktail menus. In this job I was mixologist trained, trained on a coffee machine and food safety trained. This job taught me honest hard work, professionalism with customers and consistent enthusiasm in the work place.
Key skills and personal attributes:
• Responsible, patient and caring.
• Able to communicate and work well in a team.
• Very punctual and always complete my tasks quickly and competently.
• Confident and able to work well in any situation.
• Can communicate well through both speech and in writing.
• Easy learner, I pick up on routine very easily.
• Very much enjoy communicating and working with different types of people.
• Having a good attitude towards everything I do.
• Good at persevering but also making decisions on the spot.
• I am very flexible, and I have good attention to detail.
psychology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sociology lessons for all!
Taking feminism lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£13|
|5 hours||£55||Not available||£65|
|10 hours||£110||Not available||£130|