During my 14 years of studying, I’ve always felt that only few teachers deliver the learning content in an understandable way, especially the motivation of why students should learn about it. Motivation is essential because students are expected to implement that knowledge, not only at school or until exams but also in real life in the shape of a mindset. Knowing that this tutoring program is for primary students encouraged me more to apply because the students are in the age when they still haven’t been burdened with many responsibilities, making tutoring even more critical to prevent them from bad influence. So, I’m enthusiastic about joining this program. One of the reasons that attracted me to this role is that I can give back to the community in my spare time by tutoring. As I study for my master's degree, applying my skills to help young students have a better perspective of this digital world – I believe this role would give me that opportunity.
I am Emeralda, a postgraduate student at University College of London. I’ve tutored my juniors in my second and third year of university. Mostly I’ve taught them subjects related to engineering since I majored in Computer Engineering. The first year of tutoring was an informal one, where the tutees got my contact number, then asked me to help them studying every two weeks, and I got paid the moment I finished tutoring. In 2018, I joined Software Engineering & Application Laboratory, where I must have three shifts minimum per week to teach about programming. Aside from this, I still had to maintain my bachelor study and other club activities. Fortunately, due to my ability to organise my time and prioritise between academic and non-academic activities, I was able to graduate earlier than most of my friends with cum laude predicate.
1. Educational History
Aug 2015 - Jan 2019, Bachelor of Engineering with Honor
Thesis involved designing and implementing computer-based psychological test
2. Work Experience
Academic Research Staff
March 2019 - Oct 2019, Telkom Campus Surabaya
- Managed all researches and community services done by the lecturers
- Monitoring and evaluating all researches and community services
- Keeping records of all publications as the results of the research
- Creating events to accommodate students' ideas and innovations
- Participation in Indonesia Future Leaders Program: Building a Generation of Transformational Leaders Equipped to Respond to Global Challenges held from August 28 to September 15, 2013 at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, Illinois, U.S.A.) Laboratory Assistant of SEA (Software Engineering and Applicatons) Laboratory (2017-2018)
- Event Coordinator of Overclock (Computer Engineering Students Orientation) 2018 Internship at PT Arkamaya (Software Company) (2019)
- Presenter in International Conference on Electronics Representation and Algorithm 2019
- Paper published under license in Journal of Physics: Conference Series by IOP Publishing Ltd (2019)
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, programming languages lessons for all!
Taking microsoft word lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£21||£15|