Hi! My name is Kiran and I teach students aged 5-16 in Maths and English. I got 4A*'s, 6A's and 2B's in my GCSE's and AAB at A level. I will be starting an undergraduate degree at UCL.
I have a wealth of experience in teaching as well as tutoring. I engage my students through several fun activities throughout the lesson and ensure their homework results in further progress.
I've had experience working in three different tutor centres and have worked in a Montessori before. I have taught several students of varied backgrounds together before as well as one to one. Students have gained excellent SATS results due to my teaching.
Work and Leadership Experience
November 2016 Retail work experience at Atelier De Courcelles
• I was given the responsibility to manage the stock on shelves.
• I focused on customer service ensuring that all customers’ needs are met. This involved dealing with customer complaints efficiently and describing products and their benefits in detail.
Summer 2015 Work Experience in the financial sector of Lindt:
● During my two weeks at Lindt, I learnt several skills such as bookkeeping. I enhanced my knowledge of excel as I was given tasks where I had to create tables as well as graphs.
● I attended meetings with the Manager and the job assistants and presented my work in front of a group of professionals.
Co-Founder and Co-Creator of Tapmania
● I have recently engaged in the formulation of a game for the iPad and iPhone with a team of 6 people. The game is called ‘Tapmania’.
● I managed the outsourcing of the game development, which involved liaising with a team of developers. I set deadlines, and ensured the app was of a high quality. I had to ensure my instructions were clear and precise to the developers as they were based abroad. Furthermore, I improved my team working skills and communication skills as I would have to present any updates to the team and stakeholders.
● By utilising my persuasion skills, I was able to reduce our cost of development by 30%
● There were several difficulties in creating the game, such as software bugs. I continuously worked with the outsourcers and identified any bugs immediately so that they could be fixed.
● The game has received over 500 downloads since mid-2014.
Work Experience at Ealing Montessori School
● I was in charge of organising playtime and educational activities. I assisted the workers in various administrative tasks. Additionally, I helped in producing observational records of some children.
● After impressing the teachers during the first week, I asked if I could lead teach a class. During my second week I taught basic math to a group of 12 children. I planned all the lesson materials getting help from various sources such as other teachers and the internet.
I was part of the netball team (as wing attack) and played against other schools in 2013. Moreover, I am part of a trampoline club and have recently, in 2014 performed my routine (in a competition) in front of a panel of judges. I regularly take part in light to medium sports such as tennis and am currently learning martial arts.
I have completed a three year vocal diploma and aim to continue with the post diploma. I am a semi-professional in playing a stringed instrument called Santoor and have performed in several concerts. Additionally, I love percussion music and am learning to play the Indian drums, Tabla.
● I was a finalist for the Youth Philanthropy initiative. The YPI helped me connect with causes that I am passionate about.The team and myself had to research a charity and persuade a panel of judges to invest £3000 pounds in it. My group and I chose the charity ‘Spear’, which helps provide resources for the homeless. The team and myself interviewed homeless people and members of the charity. We presented our research to our peers and as a result we progressed into the finals. At the finals, we presented our work to a panel of judges and 200 people.
● I was invited to perform Santoor on live TV in July 2014 and performed in the House of Parliament.
● As part of the ‘Gifted and Talented’ group, I visited Imperial and UCL to attend maths lectures which helped confirm my interest in mathematics.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£85||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£180||Not available||£150|