I am a friendly and dedicated instrumental teacher with a passion for passing on my musical experience.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MMus violin from Guildhall School of Music & Drama
BMus violin from Guildhall School of Music & Drama
3 A Levels including A* in Music
12 GCSEs including A* in Music
ABRSM Grade 8 in Violin, Viola, Piano - Distinction
- How much do you charge?
£60 1.5 hours
£40 1 hour
£25 0.5 hour
Fee may change according to travel time.
- Where do you teach?
I am based in Kingswood, Surrey and can teach from home or at the student's home.
I can travel to nearby towns such as Banstead, Chipstead, Epsom and Reigate or anywhere in between!
- When are you available?
In general I am flexible on timings but I can teach on weekdays or Sundays and would prefer to arrange a weekly lesson.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I can teach all ages and abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I usually prepare students for ABRSM exams as I know it the best but I would be happy to prepare for other exam boards too.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Should you require online tutoring, I would be able to do this via Skype at a time suitable for you.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Music is a great skill to have for the future even if you don't intend on becoming a professional musician.
â€œMusic exists for the purpose of growing an admirable heart.â€
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 6 years experience in private teaching and 3 years experience teaching within schools where I have given group lessons and overseen ABRSM and Music Medals examinations.
I am trained in teaching the Colourstrings method which focuses on the teaching of beginners to a very high standard.
I am also currently a teacher at the North London Conservatoire where I teach violin and viola to students aged between 5 and 14.
Prize winner: 2009 Colchester Young Musician of the Year
Solo performances at Wales Millennium Centre, Bishopsgate Institute and Brentwood Cathedral. Performed as solo violin and solo viola in Mozart Sinfonia Concertante with orchestra.
Masterclasses with: Felix Andievsky, Maciej Rakowski, Chloe Hanslip and Alexander Janiczek.
Performances across London, including Southwark Cathedral, Merchant Taylors' Hall and the Guildhall.
Masterclasses with: Belcea, Chilingirian, Heath and Endellion quartets.
Experience working with conductors: Gianandrea Noseda, Sir Colin Davis, Sir Simon Rattle, James MacMillan, James Gaffigan and Takuo Yuasa.
Concertmaster of: London Mahler Orchestra, University of London Symphony Orchestra and Hertfordshire County Youth Orchestra.
Side-by-side performances with London Sinfonietta and BBC Symphony Orchestra.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, my DBS is up to date.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in both violin and viola at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama under Mark Knight and Andrew Watkinson.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Incorporated Society of Musicians
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My current students range from ages 5 to 65!
I enjoy teaching no matter what ability or age the student is.
1 hour || £40
45 minutes || £30
30 minutes || £25
• BMus (Hons) from Guildhall School of Music & Drama
• MMus from Guildhall School of Music & Drama
• Valid DBS certificate and Public Liability Insurance
• Incorporated Society of Musicians and North London Conservatoire
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|