I am an experienced teacher and have extensive experience across key stage 1 and key stage 2. I have successfully been through several OFSTED inspections. I thoroughly enjoy teaching mathematics and have received recent training in Singapore maths, which gives children the skills needed to apply maths effectively. Additionally, I have a passion for literacy writing, grammar and I am able to teach children spelling rules required for them to become successful spellers!!!. I have experience of working with children with special needs and have been able to raise the attainment of all the children in which I have taught. I have a passion for teaching and create fun lessons for children to enjoy and to meet their individual needs.
Samantha is reliable, honest and very trustworthy. I would highly recommend her as she is incredibly passionate about her trade, she is hard working and will go over and beyond to ensure she achieves excellence.
I have experience of working in both key stage 1 and key stage 2. I also have experience of working with a number of children with Special Educational needs. I have also worked as a Learning Support Coordinator, Gifted and Talented coordinator. I have successfully moved children on to expected levels and beyond expected levels.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
• Excellent knowledge of SEND code of practice (2015) Children and Families Act (2014)
• Ability to work under pressure and within timescales.
• Effective behaviour management by using a range of techniques, including agreed ground rules, reward systems.
• Experience of use of Principles of Singapore Maths.
.Developed strategies in supporting children with special Educational needs eg ASD, Social emotional and mental health difficulties, dyslexia, speech, language and communication needs.
• Provided leadership and encouragement in providing learning support, children with Learning difficulties and English as a second language ( ESL)
• Knowledge of assessing children with special needs eg Dyslexia
• Designed visual, interactive and multisensory lessons.
• Strong, organisational, administration, record keeping
Nightingale Primary School- May 2014- Present Trainee Senco
Gainsborough primary School- Year 6 Intervention Teacher
Year 3 Class Teacher
Southwold Primary school –March 2014-2015 PPA Teacher Nursery to year 6
Wood Hill Primary School 2009-2012
Year 3 Class teacher / History Coordinator
Extensive knowledge of APP assessment
Development of Creative curriculum
British School Caracas Venezuela August 2007- July 2009 year 5 Teacher / SEN Coordinator
• Teacher of all curriculum subjects’ Key stage 1/ Key stage 2
• Teacher SEN/ ESL pupils
• Liaised/ planned with colleagues to ensure continuity, progression and appropriate methodology for SEN/ ESL pupils
• Provided leadership, offered informed advice in providing learning support to all colleagues.
Dunstall Hill Primary School, Wolverhampton West midlands.
• Teacher of all curriculum subjects key stage 2 year4/ year 5
• Managed and developed provision for Gifted and talented pupils, eg workshops, links with specialist secondary teachers’ pupils to raise attainment. Advised teachers on strategies to challenge pupils. Teacher Observations.
• Achieved high pupil attainment, high percentage of children able to progress 1 level in Literacy.
• Strengthened relationships with parents by leading Numeracy and Literacy workshops, Parent volunteers
St Francis RC Primary School London, Southwark London
• Key stage 2 leader
• Planning/maintaining assessment records
• Managed additional adults effectively
• Science coordinator introduced year by year scheme of work. Advised Teacher/ observations, ordering resources.
• Active member of Literacy Team
• Managed incidents of challenging behaviour
Basic skills Saturday Teacher, Southwark LEA London
Jan 2003-July 2005
• Designed a suitable programme and taught Numeracy and Literacy to Children with English as an additional language EAL,to
help them integrate into mainstream school.
Clapham Manor primary school
Jan 2003-July2005 Class Teacher.
• Taught all curriculum areas years 1 and 2 ( key stage1)
• Planning/ assessment/report writing
Gloucester primary School
September 2000-April 2001 Reading Recovery Teacher
• Reading Recovery teacher- helped children with difficulties in reading
• Developed Reading Scheme and assessment.
HMP Belmarsh, Thamesmead London
January 1999-September 2000 Psychological Assistant
• Planning and delivery of Enhanced Thinking Skills Rehabilitation Course
• Planning/ assessment/ Liaising with probation officers
• Exploring behaviour management.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
Smestow Secondary School, Wolverhampton
8 GCSE Passes A-C
3 A Level passes Grade C
Goldsmiths College University of London
2000-2001- Post Graduate certificate in education (PGCE) English Specialism
North London University
1996-2000 – BA/BSC English and Psychology joint Honours Degree
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and have extensive experience in Microsoft Office NT applications including PowerPoint & Excel
• Confident in using the internet, email and fully trained in the use of interactive whiteboards.
Recent in service Training and Courses.
• National Initiatives- assessment for learning, Agenda for change- Every Child Matters
• Implementing the Literacy Framework- Year 2/year 4 Literacy
• Raising Achievement & Cross Curricular- Multiple intelligences and learning- Gifted and Talented, raising The academic Achievement of Boys.
• EDA Summer School July 2008- The Learning and teaching of EAL Pupils, practical strategies and Teaching approaches for ESL learners.
• ICT -ICT across the curriculum. Using interactive whiteboards.
• Developing a culturally inclusive curriculum to raise standards for Ethnic Minority Pupils
• Shows and Assemblies- Organised school Diwali and fundraiser shows, Chinese and New Year assembles, end of year Show, African Dance
• Enriching the Curriculum- Invited Guest speakers, such as Holocaust Survivor, African and Caribbean Storytellers, Organised poetry , writing workshops, formed links with Specialist Secondary Schools.
• Development of school council. - Pupils selected as representatives from each year group, led meeting run half termly.
• Workshops- Led Training workshops for teachers to promote interactive teaching in maths and use of resources, development or reading and writing for EAL pupils to raise attainment.
I have a passion for travelling and experiencing different cultures. I have travelled extensively throughout South America, where I have been able to learn Spanish. I especially enjoyed a trek to Manchu Picchu. I am very sportive, particularly enjoying netball and swimming.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£265||Not available|