In terms of my methods, I would say that this varies depending on the student. Many people, from my experience learn better through trial and error whereas some people are quite the opposite, such as myself. Latin languages entail ever-changing verbs, which can be learnt through repetition, boring to most people.
I am a Spanish graduate (Coventry University). For my year abroad I lived and taught English in a bilingual primary school, so I have no problem changing between the 2 languages. I have a very strong passion for the learning and teaching of Spanish, which has led me to obtaining a bilingual level.
With a strong fluency and passion of the Spanish Language, I have the ability to translate and interpret between Castilian Spanish and my native English without hesitation. Having worked in the customer service department of an international travel agency, I have had the experience of addressing customer complaints via telephone calls and emails in Spanish, which enhanced my ability to communicate and resolve issues in both languages simultaneously. In addition, my work as an English Language Assistant in a primary school in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) has provided me with a great understanding of efficient teaching methods for young children. I personally find imparting knowledge to students fascinating and highly engaging.
• July 2019 onwards: Purchasing Administrator. I am currently working for a company called Tesla Engineering Ltd in the purchasing department. My roles include raising orders via purchasing software, producing reports of supplier performance and negotiating price quotations with suppliers. This has given me an insight into the processes that take place in a growing business.
• Summer 2018: Private Spanish Tutor. During this time, I taught a family friend Spanish so she could feel comfortable conversing in her village. Also, I successfully corrected her pronunciation, as well as indicating the difficulties that foreign people face when listening to the distinct regional accent of Andalusia.
• 02/10/2017 to 22/06/2018: Language Assistant in bilingual primary school, in Alcalá de Henares, Madrid. My main role in this job was to improve my students’ verbal command of English through conversation classes. I arranged a variety of activities, which set about correcting pronunciation, grammatical structures and spelling. During this time, I also gave private individual classes of English to children and adults, as an extra-curricular job.
• July to August 2014: Customer Service Assistant in Travel Agency, LowCost Holidays. In this role, I was a point of contact between my customer service team and staff of the accommodations that we contracted, moreover enquiring about reservations, hotel facilities and excursions, all of which in Spanish.
September 2015 to May 2019: Coventry University, Spanish Studies with sandwich year (2017/2018) as language assistant in Alcalá de Henares.
Grade achieved: 2:1
September 2013 to June 2015: Steyning Grammar School Sixth Form
AS Level Sociology: C grade
A2 Level Spanish: B grade
A2 Level English Language: C grade
A2 Level Economics: D grade
September 2008 to June 2013: Steyning Grammar School. GCSE Results:
A* in Spanish
B in English Language, Maths, History and Religious Education
C in Geography, English Literature, Biology, Physics
• Advanced level of Spanish, highly accurate pronunciation and wide range of vocabulary and complex verbs.
• I can comprehend Latin-based languages such as Portuguese, Italian, French, Catalan, Valencian and Galician.
• IT proficiency and the ability to manage my time effectively.
• Strong listening and observation skills, with a keen eye for detail that transpires in written work.
• Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills.
Hobbies and Interests:
• Keen guitar enthusiast since I was 9 years old, as I learn and write songs.
• Football fan/player: I have played competitive football from the age of 5.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|