I will teach Spanish to students at A-Level or lower. I do believe that the key to understanding the Spanish language is understanding its grammar, therefore I will place great importance on this, verb conjugations etc. I will explain things slowly and carefully. I've found that languages just need to be explained in a certain way for a student to understand properly, so I will do just that. I can also provide a student with the opportunity to practice their oral skills. I'm happy to chat about anything, as long as it is in Spanish!!!
I am a studying Spanish and Management at King's College London. I have always loved the Spanish language and I would love to share that passion with you. My Spanish has improved especially over the past year as I spent 4 months in the south of Spain, working for one of the country's largest hotel groups, followed by 6 months in Mexico, in which I was studying at the most prestigious university in Latin America.
BA Spanish and Management (with a year abroad) 2015 - 2019 King’s College London
• Management: Developed analytical skills and became introduced to the workings of the financial markets as well as the economic impacts of fiscal and monetary policies through studying Corporate Finance and Intermediate Macroeconomics. Gained general business understanding from the International Business and Principles of Marketing modules.
• Spanish: Improved oral communication skills through presentations and discussions in the Spanish Language module. Intercultural awareness and historical understanding gained from studying Iberian History modules.
• Year 1 grade – First-class with honours (1st) A Levels
2013 - 2015 Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Wakefield
• Spanish (A – Awarded Spanish Prize), Geography (A), Mathematics (C), AS Biology (A) GCSEs
2011 - 2013 Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, Wakefield • 9 GCSEs: 4A*, 5A, 1B – Includes Mathematics (A*) and English (A)
Departmental Assistant: Sales and Reservations September 2017 – December 2017 H10 Hotels (Based in the H10 Andalucía Plaza – Marbella area, Spain)
• Relied on by management to use IT skills for Sales and Marketing tasks for three hotels: extracted data from SAP (hotel database) to create comparative Excel spreadsheets detailing year-on-year changes in sales and used PowerPoint to create marketing presentations for use in international conferences.
• Regularly asked to use translation and written communication skills to review and amend information leaflets, website content, tour operator contracts and emails.
• Worked as part of a team to organise administration work regarding incoming reservations and ensure that necessary arrangements were put in place for individual client requests.
Director January 2016 – March 2016 King’s College London
• Directed a multilingual adaptation of a classic play (Bodas de Sangre), performed by a diverse group of students for the SPLAS languages department.
• Demonstrated flexibility by adapting parts of the script to better suit the cast and successfully managed workload by delegating tasks to other team members such as costume and set design.
• Assumed a heavily logistical role by organising rehearsals and ensuring preparations were in place for both the musicians and venue of the performance.
LANGUAGES AND INTERESTS:
• English – Native proficiency
• Spanish – Full professional proficiency
• Arabic (Egyptian variety) – Bilingual proficiency
• French – Elementary proficiency
• Languages – Top 25% nationally in UK Linguistics Olympiad (UKLO), 2013.
• Outdoor Pursuits/Travel – Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (2016), Participated in a 24 day student expedition to Ecuador (2015) and charity treks in Peru (2016) and Tanzania (2017).
• Theatre – Played major roles in several school productions for many years.
• Music – Grade 5 in Trumpet (2015), Played as part of ensembles in numerous school concerts.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£150|