I like to make my classes interactive, and give the student the opportunity to speak more. Depending on the student level and confidence we could only talk in Spanish, I can help with grammar and vocabulary questions, etc.
Some of the group activities I've been using include themed questions and grammar examples on news or songs.
On my first class I like to play some ice-breaking games, which also gives me a feel on how to approach each student.
I am a final year Physics with Astrophysics student at the University of Leeds. Last year I volunteered to teach and help practice their Spanish to a group of 10 people, from a wide range of ages, at university.
I have also experience tutoring as I taught English in my final year of High School to 14-16 year old students.
Most recently I've been successfully helping university students with their language exams.
If I am required to travel outside Hyde Park, Headingley centre or the city centre, I may ask for £1 or £2 more. Thank you.
Groups: £7/h each (2 people); £6/h each (3 or more)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
BSc Physics with Astrophysics, University of Leeds (2018 – Present)
• Gained hands-on experience in problem-solving along with a predicted 1st Class degree.
• Obtained and expanded data collection and analysis abilities as well as writing skills: Multivariable Calculus (83%); Computing (90 %); Physics Laboratory (80%).
Science Baccalaureate, IES Padre Luis Coloma, Spain ( 2016 - 2018)
• Average grade: 9.86 out of 10. Mathematics (A*), Physics (A*), English (A*).
• Distinction Certificate for academic excellence.
• Two times Class Representative for my outgoing personality and ability to engage with others.
Host, El Gato Negro Tapas, Leeds (February 2020 - Present)
• Developed great adaptation and communication skills as I dealt with booking schedules, greeting customers and directing them to their tables.
• Strengthened my ability to work under pressure at busy times and to respond to changing priorities.
GCSE level English Tutor, Spain (2017-2018)
• Able to understand and empathise with different personalities as I assessed and adapted to the needs of students.
• Thanks to my innovative approach to organising activities, students discovered new ways of studying and enjoyed the lessons.
Jiu Jitsu Treasurer, Leeds University Union (April 2020 – April 2021)
• Keeping track of the club’s money, approving any payments or reimbursements and making sure to get financial support from the Leeds University Union.
• Expanding my decision-making aptitudes as well as my leadership skills as part of the committee.
Language Group Leader, University of Leeds (November 2019 – March 2020)
• Responsible for delivering upper-intermediate level Spanish lessons once a week, greatly improving my verbal communication and analysis skills.
• Organising interactive and effective activities, successfully engaging with a wide range of students.
• Consolidated the ability to work independently and use organisational skills to plan my own work.
Institute of Physics Representative, Otley Science Festival (November 2019)
• Addressing clear and creative explanations for different physics experiments.
• Collaborating with course mates and professors to captivate the public, enriching my team working competences at different levels.
• Built original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions for the layout of the experiments.
Work Away Volunteer, Fraize, France (August 2019)
• Joined a local eco-project, helping proactively and persistently on daily activities.
• Further developed my time-management skills, allotting volunteers’ working hours.
• Gained different insights into activism.
Languages: Native Spanish, Advanced English and Conversational French. - I am continuously developing my communication skills and learning languages, which helps me progress with my attention to detail and creativity.
Music and art: Took piano lessons for three years and enjoy drawing and uploading the process to social media, boosting my expressiveness and cognitive skills.
Sports: Concerned about the importance of fitness and its positive impact on daily life, I have always enjoyed playing different sports : Jiu Jitsu society at university and Basketball team player at High School.
Independent Age supporter: Monthly supporting a UK national charity for the care of elder people in unfair conditions.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£8||£8|