I understand how difficult it can be to learn a language, so I try my best to gear the lesson towards tackling some of these challenges, and also taking into consideration each student's temperament and abilities.
For me, interactivity and hands-on involvement is important. I prefer one-on-one as it helps to work more closely with specific needs and focus on key improvement areas.
I teach up to A-Level ability.
I structure my lessons with a mixture of reading, writing, listening and speaking comprehension skills, but this probably will change according to my student's abilities.
I am a second-year student at Cambridge studying Spanish and History.
I spent my gap year in a school in Madrid, Spain teaching bilingually in classes. During this time, I taught children from infant all the way to secondary English, and I assisted other classes in Spanish. I worked with the children who struggled the most in secondary, so I often taught English in Spanish. I have taught children from 3 to 17 years old with various linguistic abilities.
I am a diligent and focused bilingual student, able to adapt to new environments. I have always worked to my full potential, and am a sociable and outgoing person who can engage with a range of different people. My active and dynamic approach to work is invaluable in completing tasks, and as a creative I am able to identify and develop opportunities. Ultimately, I am a fast learner, and am always willing to learn new skills.
Activity Leader and English Teacher, Kings Summer School - June 2018 – August 2018
• Leading groups of international students on trips both inside and out of London
• Teaching small classes of students based on different abilities (13 to 21 years old)
• Regular meetings with group leaders to ensure communication and to plan trips
• Monthly assessments by senior management to ensure efficiency in team
EFL Teaching Assistant, Madrid - September 2017 – June 2018
• Help to actively assist classroom lessons in all age groups (3 to 17 years old)
• Produce visual resources for lessons as well as practical resources for learning
• Plan and prepare lessons based on a set curriculum (Secondary students)
• Work closely with students who struggle in lessons
• Organise activities to aid students’ understanding of different cultures
Group Leader, Camp Beaumont - Summer 2017
• Led out groups of 8-9 year olds in mixed activities; sports/crafts/drama/music
• Planned and prepared different age-appropriate group activities
• Spanish helped to communicate with children who spoke little to no English
• Weekly self- and group-assessments provided constructive criticism into role
Counsellor, Pathfinders and Adventurers Club - September 2016 – September 2017
• Taught small class of children from 6 to 9 years old
• Prepared activities and resources to encourage learning
• Communicating closely with parents to encourage openness and trust
• Worked with children from 10 to 15 years old
• Administration work included registering children and weekly fees paid
Newnham College, University of Cambridge (2018/22)
BA History and Modern Languages
The Green School, Isleworth (2010/17)
GCSEs – 9 A*s - As including English, Maths, Science, Spanish, Geography and Drama
A LEVELS – English Literature (A*), History (A), Spanish (B), Drama and Theatre Studies AS (A)
● Hardworking and Efficient
● Team Worker
● Reading Comprehension
● Time Management
● Research Skills
English (Native), Spanish (Fluent)
DELE (Diploma of Spanish as a Foreign Language) Level B2
LAMDA Level 3 Certificate in Performance (Distinction)
● Livia Bogdan, EFL Secondary Teacher – (concealed information)
● Sheila Watts, Director of Studies for Spanish – (concealed information)
● Janine Maegraith, Director of Studies for History – (concealed information)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|