I have taught friends, and I have worked with 3-15-year-old kids while doing volunteering in the United States, Colombia, Nepal, and Greece.
I first look at the strengths and basis and make an assessment of the level of comprehension of the student. Then move on to creating a plan for teaching and finally propose games and interactive activities in the lessons according to the student's preferences.
I started developing experience four years ago teaching young children Mathematics and English in Colombian schools. Then in the United States and Nepal interacted with older children while teaching Sexual Awareness and Spanish. While in the United States I got to teach Spanish to a 30 student class and we had fun while following different games that connected the different concepts in Spanish.
CAREER AND EDUCATIONAL PROFILE
♣ Alberto Merani Institute (Middle School), Colombia –Graduation thesis in Comparative Financial Education in Bogota, 2015.
♣ International Baccalaureate High School Diploma, United States of America – Obtained in July 2017.
♣ UWC-USA High School Diploma, United States of America – Obtained in May 2017.
♣ University of Essex, United Kingdom – Current undergraduate student of Economics and Politics.
♣ First Aid: “Advanced Online First Aid Course Certificate”, 97% overall grade.
♣ Language: English, 100%; Spanish, 100%; French, intermediate.
♣ Mathematics: Completed IB Higher Level Class of Mathematics – Statistics, Probability, Pre-calculus, Sets and relations, Calculus, Trigonometry, Complex Numbers, and Vectors.
♣ Music: Piano, eight years; Singing, three years.
♣ Programs: Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Stata.
♣ Research: Conducted a research paper on basis of a sample of 702 students in Colombia and the United States that investigated Financial education and the impact it has on the economy.
♣ Sports: Volleyball, eight years; Squash, two years.
♣ Visual Arts: Participated in the creation the art book, “Skin Art”, on indigenous art in Colombia.
- 1800-word long mathematical essay on measuring the Gini Coefficient in Bogota.
- 4300-word long essay on market shifts in schools in Colombia.
- 8600-word long thesis on Finance and Economics education.
- Completed IB Higher Level Class of English A-Literature.
- Winner of the 500-word essay Sally Martin Prize among other 70 competitors.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS & PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
♣ President of the class: 2014, 2015.
♣ HIV/AIDS Peer Educator: Leading and going to different places around New Mexico teaching and supporting other young people by providing sexual awareness issues.
♣ Leader of a trip with 55 students to ancestral city San Agustin, Colombia.
♣ Leader of the CEC Club (Constructive Engagement of Conflict): Research on conflicts around the world and analysis of the social impact of these.
♣ Leader of volunteering activities in underprivileged neighborhoods in Bogota, Colombia.
♣ Leader of a group of 15 students on a seven-day project to Washington DC.
ORGANIZATION & RESPONSIBILITY SKILLS
♣ Exponent and Organizer of a project to Washington DC, attending conferences and meetings with experts of the World Bank, the IMF, and the European Union Embassy. As well as having insights at the Republican and Democratic headquarters, and the Senate of the United States.
- One-month full-time volunteer in Lesvos (Greece) driving, working in two refugee camps and participating in the rescue of 191 people arriving in three refugee boats from Turkey.
- Worked with “Techo”, an organization that works with homeless people building houses and does programs on education in Bogota, Colombia.
- Volunteer in Ciudad Bolivar (Colombia) by providing humanitarian aid to displaced war victims.
- Building houses with “Fundación Catalina Muñoz”, which helps people have been affected by the Colombian Civil War.
- Serving food and helping in Casa Samaritan Homeless Shelter in Las Vegas, New Mexico.
- As financial secretary at Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology in Bhaktapur, Nepal.
- As a medical assistant at an eye surgery camp in the town of Jiri, Nepal.
TEAMWORK & COMMUNICATION SKILLS
♣ Spanish tutor in the Memorial Middle School in Las Vegas, NM, USA.
♣ Model of United Nations
- Awarded “Best New Delegate” in Bogota regional competitions, Colombia.
- Leader of the MUN Club at the Alberto Merani Institute, Colombia.
- Awarded “Distinguished Guest” in Bogota regional competitions, Colombia.
- Awarded “Best Delegation” in New Mexico regional competitions, USA.
♣ Debate Team participant, UWC-USA.
♣ Tour guide, Montezuma Castle, NM, USA.
♣ Commencement Speaker of the UWC-USA Class of 2017 – $2000 Sally Martin Prize recipient.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|