I teach Quant Finance, Machine Learning, Financial Modeling amongst many others. I have expertise in tutoring students and professionals by explaining machine learning algorithms in a simplified manner and teach each of them with a practical touch to it.
Upon taking up any tutoring exercise, I will be fully committed to it by researching the problem statement thoroughly before we engage in sessions. I am happy to share valuable information resources with you which I accumulated over the years. Happy to discuss more when we meet.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Praneeth will plan your first lesson with care.
I am a Quant professional worked with 3 major Investment Banks. Have a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and Double Masters in Economics and Finance. Experienced in wide range of Finance, Quant, Machine Learning. I hold Financial Risk Management (FRM) and Certificate in Quant Finance (CQF) charters.
I am also a speaker at Risk.net Machine Learning in Finance workshops
Praneeth Maganti, FRM, CQF
(concealed information) +44 (0) (concealed information)
2019 - 2020 London Business School
Reading for Masters in Finance degree
2019 - 2019 CQF Institute, London
Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) – Charter Holder
2016 - 2017 Global Association of Risk Professionals
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) – Charter Holder
2010 - 2015 Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS)– Pilani, India
(One of the best technological deemed universities in India)
M.Sc. (Hons) Economics and B.E. (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
2020 Jun- Private Equity Fund – Niche business area focused, London – Investment Associate
• Supervising 3 analysts for proprietary deal research and deal origination in the niche and technology-enabled businesses
• Meeting management of various companies to assess the viability of such deals
• Developing financial models, deal memoranda and deal recommendations and terms
2020 Apr- RAZOR CAPITAL – Tech focused VC Fund, London – Investment Associate
• Conducting post deal analysis on existing portfolio companies in emerging markets and recommending new investment ideas as part of my research activities
• Liaising with portfolio companies to track updates and see the viability of follow-on investments/exits
• Developing detailed segmental forecasts and financial models for businesses in investment pipeline
2020 Jan- Private Equity Fund – Non-Traditional Asset Class, London – Part-time
• Conducted in-depth industry analysis and market research to understand asset class dynamics and justify the growth in such non-traditional asset class
• Built a fund deck and a detailed GP LP structure fund cash flow model for the fundraise
2019 Sep- XHE CAPITAL - Buy-side Equity Research, London – Intern
• Formulated and proposed business arbitrage strategy in global equities; Backtesting return of c.20%
• Mentored by the CIO of the fund in evaluating an investment proposal on a US-based annuity provider
• Conducted in-depth primary research by contacting 15 stakeholders in the annuity industry
2019 JP MORGAN CHASE - Corporate Finance, Bangalore, India - Associate
• Devised and carried out fair valuation methodologies for fixed income derivatives with Non-Linear pay off to ensure firm’s books are fairly valued
• Collaborated with Totem and other external vendors to get consensus price of various OTC derivatives required in devising essential market parameters
2015 - 2018 NOMURA HOLDINGS - Quant, London/Mumbai - Senior Analyst
• Innovated new ways to identify outliers in time series by introducing Machine Learning-based model using Self Organizing Maps; Achieved 80% reduction in false positives
• Led a team of 2 analysts responsible to develop time series analysis models through Machine Learning
• Co-ordinated & negotiated with various departments to streamline and upgrade internal models
2014 - 2015 CREDIT SUISSE - Market Risk, Mumbai, India - Analyst
• Validated & signed off on banks trading book risks across multiple asset classes and regions
• Conducted weekly training for 40 people to explain underlying quant models in risk management
• Achieved increased efficiency and saved 6 man-hours per day by devising an application to identify breaks between Full Valuation and Greek-based VaR before the risk is available in the system
• One of the winners at Algothon 2019 by BlackRock to build ESG focussed AI trading strategy
• Key Speaker at Risk.net platform in London conducted on Machine Learning in Finance
• Event Manager of Salsa club and Vice President of Board Games club at LBS; Active member of Investment Management Club, PE/VC Cub
• Proficient in Python, MATLAB, Excel VBA, SQL programming languages
• Languages: English, Telugu, Hindi
Praneeth is a great tutor. His vast knowledge in finance and accounting makes him an asset to every student. He is very patient and knows how to explain complex materials in a clear way. He can really take you to the next level in terms of knowledge and performance. In addition, he is very nice and considerate and makes the learning experience enjoyable.
Praneeth is a trustworthy tutor. He gave me all the support I need. I am looking forward to learn more with him in future classes.
Praneeth is well versed in the field of finance. He goes that extra mile to put himself in the shoes of the students and understand their requirements well. He always ensured that I understood every detail of the concept in minimal time. I strongly recommend him as the go-to person for any student who is aspiring to learn finance concepts.
Praneeth worked for financial big wigs and made a lasting impact on my career especially by his teaching methodologies which are more practical, real world oriented. Praneeth has a good command over investment concepts and I strongly recommend him for anyone who want to learn investment and technology related concepts.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
Taking econometrics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|