I teach Investments, Quant Finance, Machine Learning, Financial Modeling amongst many others. I have expertise in tutoring students and professionals by explaining machine learning algorithms in a simplified manner and teach each of them with a practical touch to it.
Upon taking up any tutoring exercise, I will be fully committed to it by researching the problem statement thoroughly before we engage in sessions. I am happy to share valuable information resources with you which I accumulated over the years. Happy to discuss more when we meet.
I am a Quant professional worked with 3 major Investment Banks. Have a Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and Double Masters in Economics and Finance. Experienced in wide range of Finance, Quant, Machine Learning. I hold Financial Risk Management (FRM) and Certificate in Quant Finance (CQF) charters.
I am also a speaker at Risk.net Machine Learning in Finance workshops
Praneeth Maganti, FRM, CQF
(concealed information) +44 (0) (concealed information)
2019 - 2020 London Business School
Reading for Masters in Finance degree
2019 - 2019 CQF Institute, London
Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF) – Charter Holder
2016 - 2017 Global Association of Risk Professionals
Financial Risk Manager (FRM) – Charter Holder
2010 - 2015 Birla Institute of Technology and Science – Pilani, India
(One of the best technological deemed universities in India)
M.Sc. (Hons) Economics and B.E. (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
2020 Mar- Narratus Capital, London – Intern, Buy-side Equity Research
• Evaluated undervalued mid-cap equities through primary and fundamental research
• Pitched investment thesis on a mid-cap financial institution applying fundamental value-focused research approach
2019 Oct- XHE Capital, London – Intern, Buy-side Equity Research
• Formulated and proposed business arbitrage strategy in global equities; Back testing return of 20%
• Mentored by the CIO of the fund in evaluating an investment proposal on a US-based annuity provider
• Conducted in-depth primary research by contacting 15 stake holders in the annuity industry
2019 JP MORGAN CHASE, Bangalore, India - Associate, Corporate Finance
• Devised and carried out fair valuation methodologies for fixed income derivatives with Non-Linear pay off to ensure firm’s books are fairly valued
• Liaised with trading desk to maintain volatility estimates in-line with market prices
• Collaborated with Totem and other external vendors to get consensus price of various OTC derivatives required in devising essential market parameters
2015 - 2018 NOMURA HOLDINGS, London/Mumbai - Senior Analyst, Risk Methodology
• Innovated new ways to identify outliers in time series by introducing Machine Learning based model using Self Organizing Maps; Achieved 80% reduction in false positives
• Led team of 2 analysts responsible to develop time series analysis models through Machine Learning techniques for regulatory model enhancements and implementation
• Developed Non-Modellable risk factor engine and conducted quantitative impact study for PnL attribution in preparation of FRTB compliance
• Co-ordinated & Negotiated with front office, technology & project management teams to streamline and upgrade regulatory models, other internal model upgrades
• Enhanced VaR model to adapt negative interest rates by modelling a volatility-based flooring for interest rate shocks; Devised RNIV models to quantify risks not part of VaR model
2014 - 2015 CREDIT SUISSE, Mumbai, India - Analyst, Market Risk
• Validated & Signed off on daily risk sensitivities, capital calculations used in regulatory reporting and risk management across multiple asset classes and regions
• Conducted weekly trainings for 40 people to explain underlying quant models in risk management
• Achieved increased efficiency and saved 6 man hours per day by devising an application to identify breaks between Full Valuation and Greek based VaR before risk is available in system
• One of the winners at Algothon 2019 by BlackRock to build ESG focussed AI trading strategy
• Key Speaker at Risk.net platform in London conducted on Machine Learning in Finance
• Achieved return of 225% over 1 year by building Artificial Intelligence based trading model using combination of momentum & value strategy
• Active member of Investment Management, Finance clubs; Event Manager of salsa club and Vice President (Finance & Special projects) of board games club at LBS
• Proficient in Python, MATLAB, Excel VBA, SQL programming languages
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking financial management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|