Hello there! If you know that your English pronunciation needs some work and you're keen to improve it, you are in the right place!
Perhaps you want to communicate more clearly? Maybe you're tired of having to repeat yourself or simply want to feel more confident when speaking English? These are all good reasons for starting pronunciation training.
But there are lots of other benefits too! Previous students have mentioned big improvements in lots of areas, including:
* commanding more RESPECT in professional environments
* sounding more FLUENT overall in English
* INTEGRATING better in English speaking communities
* enjoying better RELATIONSHIPS with English-speaking colleagues/friends
I'm Kate and I specialise in pronunciation/accent training.
I'm also an experienced Speech and Language Therapist (MSc) and qualified English teacher (EFL). I have used my skills and passion for pronunciation to help students from all over the world to speak more clearly and confidently.
I also have a degree in modern languages (BA HONS) and have learned several languages myself. So I understand that mastering a new language can be really fun but also really frustrating!
It's never too late to improve your pronunciation and you don't need a 'perfect ear for accents' to succeed; you just need the right kind of help and a commitment to your goal. In my sessions, we work hard, we make it fun and we see some real progress every session.
ABOUT THE SESSIONS
My pronunciation training sessions involve the following elements:
1. Initial assessment of strengths and needs
2. Setting goals – together we will establish what your goals are and what changes are realistic with the time and resources available to you.
3. Listening work – We will practise 'ear training' exercises to become more familiar with common errors in your own pronunciation.
4. Practical articulation work - I will help you to make tricky consonant and vowel sounds by showing you where to place your tongue and other articulators.
5. Rhythm and stress work - I'll help you to imitate the natural 'rhythm' of English when you are speaking.
6. Generalisation work - I'll help you make that transition from the classroom to the real world, so that you can integrate your new pronunciation patterns into everyday speech.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about me, you or my methodology.
I combine specialist techniques from the field of Speech and Language Therapy with the 'tried and tested' methods I use to teach English as a foreign language (EFL).
This combined approach means I can help students with a wide range of difficulties and learning styles. Goal-setting is an important part of the process and sessions are tailored to meet a student's specific needs. Boosting your confidence and motivation is equally important, so sessions are challenging but fun!
I also have a modern languages degree (BA Joint Hons) and speak 3 additional languages. I've lived and worked abroad myself for long periods and so I fully understand the fun (but also the challenges!) of learning another language and trying to master it.
Cancellation policy: 24 hours (no cost); less than 24 hours (50% of total price)
Perfect! Kate is an excellent tutor. She is able to create a sustain a positive, professional relationship and help to achieve the goals. I have had several lessons with Kate and already felt a progress in reducing my accent when I speak in English.
Natasha is a really motivated and a pleasure to work with. She is proactive in doing work independently to improve her pronunciation and is making great progress :)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|