- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am a full time tutor. I teach Physics and Mathematics for all levels of education.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• Private Science Tutor, London, UK (GCSE, A-Levels and University Level ) 11/2009-Present
• Private Science Tutor, Sydney, Australia, (Year 10-12, University Level ) 6-11/2009
• Private Science Tutor, London, UK (GCSE, A-Levels and University Level ) 2008-2009
• Private Science Tutor, Athens, Greece (University, Lyceum, High School) 2007-2008
• Private Tutor/Research on Theoretical Particle Physics, San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2005-2006
• Postdoctoral Research Associate at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory & University of California at Berkeley, 2003-2005
• Postdoctoral Research Associate at T-8 Theory Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory 2002-2003
• Visiting Scholar at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Theoretical Physics Group & University of California at Berkeley 2001-2002
• Ph.D. Degree in Theoretical Physics Oxford University 1998-2002
• B.A. in Physics, from: University of Ioannina Department of Physics. 1994-1998 Graduation Score: â€œExcellentâ€, 9.2 / 10
- How much do you charge?
Prices vary with the subject, level and location.
Discounts are always possible, however, will be in the form: e.g. in 10hours of prepaid lessons there will be 1hour free class etc (or otherwise, the 11th hour is free). Discounts based on proximity and willingness to travel to a convenient location for both, also possible.
•If teaching in groups there will be an additional charge of 5 pounds per additional person.
- Where do you teach?
Meetings can be arranged at a Library or a place convenient for both. Home-tutoring available subject to travel costs.
- When are you available?
For current availability please email me at: (concealed information) call me at: (concealed information)9 or contact me through my website: (concealed information)
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Physics and Mathematics for all levels up to post-graduate and post-doctoral level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I strongly recommend students to have classes in person - given that this is certainly (generally) a more effective way to communicate and teach. However, in our times, this is often hard due to time and mobility constraints. Internet provides an interesting alternative possibility for long distance teaching. I have notes in .pdf and .doc files and use of online video and voice programs for effective teaching. It is possible but unlikely that I will tutor you online.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My Teaching Method is Maieutics: procedure of research introduced by Socrates, embracing the Socratic method in its widest sense. It is based on the idea that the truth is latent in the mind of every human being due to his innate reason but has to be "given birth" by answering questions (or problems) intelligently proposed.
- What kind of experience do you have?
During my graduate school period I had the chance to become familiar with the system of tutorials that some of the British universities offer. This much more personalized system provides the opportunity of outside of the classroom discussion and interaction which are a crucial part of the learning process, so I believe in being available to the students outside of lectures in some kind of such a system. Many students who are reserved in class, ask excellent questions in smaller settings and thus, learn much more. I greatly value the instruction and mentorship I received while in college and feel strongly about providing quality education to current and future students.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I was educated and trained by:
•Prof. Graham G Ross - University of Oxford, UK
•Prof. Ian I. Kogan - University of Oxford, UK
•Prof. Lawrence J Hall - University of California at Berkeley and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
•Prof. Rajan Gupta - Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
My Research and Publications can be found at:
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am associated with the Tutor Agencies:
•Tutors International (Worldwide)
•Fast Languages LTD (UK)
•Kensington & Chelsea Tutors (London)
•Tavistock Tutors (London)
•International Professors Project ((concealed information)
- Tell me about some of your current students.
•Haydar: A-Level Maths. (Hackney)
•Abdullahi: Physics A-Levels (West Kensington)
•Rumman: Physics/Math A-Levels. (Northfields)
•Bader: University Statistics/MatLab/Mathematics/Econimetrics. (Paddington/Birkbeck College)
•Oriance: University Mathathematical Physics (Bethnal Green/Imperial College)
•Marlon: A-Level Physics (Bethnal Green)
•Nadia: GCSE Physics (Holland Park)
•Eugene: Physics/Math (Bethnal Green/ London City College)
•Chantal & Co. : Quantum Mechanics (Queen Mary)
•Alanoud: Maths/Statistics (London School of Economics)
•Jo & Julia: Physics & Statistics (Pimlico)
•Sebastian: A-Level Physics (Camden)
•Amna: Statistics (LSE)
•Adam: Solid State / Electromagnetism / Classical Mechanics / Astrophysics / Quantum Mechanics (Imperial College)
•George: M1,M2,FP1,FP2 (Lancaster Gate)
•Lucy : South Bank University - Housing Planning
•Andrew: Supersymmetry / Lie Groups / Quantum Field Theory / General Relativity (Kings College)
•Basil: Hydrodynamics (University of East London)
•Delroy: (QTS exam)
•Rehaan: Quantum Mechanics (Kings College)
•Fiona: Statistics (Brixton / University of Reading)
•Jesh: Physics/Math (Open University)
•Jason: Engineering (Brixton / South Bank University)
•Ash: Accident investigation Certification Exam/Physics/Math. (Stratford)
•Deon: Calculus (LSE)
•Lionel + company : UCL (Engineering)
•Stuart: Math GCSE's & A-Levels. (Elstree)
•Nick, on his Cambridge Math entrance examination. (South Clapham)
•Alitto, on his Material Science Courseworks. (Edware Road)
•Anna, on her Beauty Therapist Exam. (Leyton)
•Jacob: Exam Preparation - University Physics (Norbury)
•Robbie: 2nd Year University Maths. (Kensington)
•Paul: Exam Preparation/Revision A-Levels Physics (Leyton)
•Natalya: 13+ Mathematics (South Kensington)
•Deep: College Physics (Ilford)
•Xeniya: Physics/Maths :(Edware Road)
•Hillary: University Mathematics (Queen Mary)
•Ash: Engineering/Physics/Material Science (Hackney/Kingston College)
•Albabtain: Physics (Baker Street)
•Kenny: Engineering (Kings College)
•Pete: Physics (Northolt)
•Serene : UCL - Economics
• PhD in Theoretical Particle Physics 2002 (Oxford University, UK), Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Visiting Scholar 2001-2002 (University of California at Berkeley, CA, USA), B.A. in Physics 1998 (Ioannina University, Greece)
• Los Alamos National Laboratory Post-doctoral Researcher (Los Alamos, NM, USA), Private Tutor 2005 onwards (Greece, UK, Australia)
• CRB available in the Files section
• Tutors International, Fleet Tutors, Kensington and Chelsea Tutors, International Professors Project
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest dissertation and thesis preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 13 plus lessons for all!
Taking international baccalaureate lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|