We can learn and enjoy it at the same time. A good education at the early stages enhances your chances for success later on in life.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Mathematics and Philosophy.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am qualified at the MA with Polytechnic Institute Cluj-Napoca Romania and I got my PhD with Paris XII Val de Marne University France (2002) in Philosophy of Mathematics.
- How much do you charge?
I charge £20/ph up to KS3 in Maths, £25/ph starting with KS3 in both Maths and Philosophy, £30 at A level and £35 above A level. I offer discounts for group lessons or if you book in advance more than 3 lessons.
- Where do you teach?
Mainly at my home but I can travel to the student's home in Ipswich (Suffolk) area or to Colchester (Essex).
- When are you available?
Evening time, weekends and school holidays by arrangement
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Maths from the of age 8 up to 60, all levels from middle school up to GCSE and A level. I teach young students or adults. I also teach Philosophy for A level or I help University students at undergraduate level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Year 6 and year 9 SATS, GCSE and A level in Maths, Functional skills level 1 or level 2 (or even lower levels) College students, IB students
A level in Philosophy, University exams, 11+ exams
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can use email or Skype for online tutoring.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Get your Maths right early on and you will struggle less later on and your exams grades will improve massively.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have worked as a private teacher for roughly 20 years and I was employed in a teaching position for about 25 years, including 13 years in English schools (middle, secondary, College). I have taught mainly Mathematics and Philosophy.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date CRB as I work as a secondary school teacher.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I did my teaching training with Babes-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca Romania. I am also an English qualified teacher since 2008.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
GTC and IFL
- Tell me about some of your current students.
In the academic year 2017-18, I have got one Maths GCSE student and one A level student. They decided to start early their preparation for their exams next year, they are doing well, are working hard and hopefully will get good grades in their exams next Summer.
• MA Polytechnic Institute Cluj Romania (Electronics); PhD Paris XII France (Philosophy of Mathematics)
• Babes-Bolyai University Cluj Romania; English qualified teacher
• CRB obtained (I work as a Maths teacher in secondary schools)
11+ school exam preparation lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 13 plus lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, international baccalaureate lessons for all!
Taking 7 plus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|