Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills.
* The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum.
* More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
* Classes are held all year round.
* MagiKats weekly workshops provide an instant boost.
* Core work (usually completed at home) provides steady consolidation.
* Students use a variety of hands-on resources to enhance their understanding.
* MagiKats' students use a multi-sensory approach to learning.
* KidiKats Programme (ages 3–5) is a combined Numeracy and Literacy programme.
* Special support available for SATS, GCSE revision, 11+ and common entrance.
* Summer booster programmes are also available.
- Ages and Levels Covered
Extension, support and consolidation from early years to GCSE, in age appropriate groups.
- Opening Times
Wednesdays at Bedwell Community Centre, Stevenage 4-5.15.
We also have a centre at Round Diamond School.
- Tuition Fees
Fees vary depending on the range of subjects studied, please call for details.
- Centre Director(s)
Seeing how pupils learn in school and the size of classes, I can see the need for some children to have immediate help with topics they are covering in school, plus a chance to fill the gaps in their learning of basic skills. I found that the MagiKats approach does just that; in weekly workshops students cover age appropriate work, whilst five short pieces of homework each week address basic skills. For example, a student might be working on fractions in the workshop whilst brushing up on times tables at home.
I am enthusiastic about MagiKats because work is set to meet the students' needs on an individual basis, thus making each programme unique. Following your enquiry, I can normally carry out a placement test within a couple of weeks, after which your child is welcome to start attending workshops almost immediately.
The Bedwell centre offers a friendly, welcoming and productive environment: students get an individual approach, working in small groups, taught by a mentor. Visit the website to see a video of a workshop in action.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|