I think about all elements of studying and tailor my teaching methods to how you learn best. I base each class on the core material expected for your course, and on areas which you need the most help with. In addition to academic support, I also offer wider advice on your well-being whilst studying. I have had a lot of experiences in the education system, and I understand that getting good grades is not easy. I'm here to help you with advice, expertise and empathy. I love Science and I love helping people, so let me show you how fun Science can be!
Hi guys! I'm a Biochemistry student at Imperial College London which is the 2nd best uni for Science in the UK! I have been professionally taught on mentoring techniques and have tutored Science subjects for around 2 years. I have tutored and mentored students from Year 7 all the way to degree level.
Additional essay writing service with prices based upon length, subject, level and grade.
BSc Biochemistry, Imperial College London 2015–2019
Predicted First Class degree, with first class marks achieved in first year exams and assignments.
• Modules: Cell and Molecular Biology, Biological Chemistry, Proteins and Enzymes, Cancer, Cell Cycle, Genes/Genomics, Protein Science, Immunology, Neurobiology, Signalling
• Dissertation: Canonical/β-Catenin Wnt Signalling in Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis
• Laboratory work: microscopy, spectroscopy, protein purification, kinetics, chemical synthesis, nucleic acid extraction, analytic chemistry, microbiology, cell culturing and more
• Skills gained: statistical analysis, independent and team work, bioinformatics, logical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, discussion, basic programming
• Additional studies: Entrepreneurship, Psychology, Music Technology and Creative Media
Brooke Weston Academy, City Technology College 2007–2013
• A Levels in Biology (A), Chemistry (A) and Physics (A) with an Extended Project Qualification
• Independent laboratory-based research into cysteine proteases and urease enzyme kinetics
• Literature review; clinical research trial of NR2B antagonist for treatment-resistant depression
• GCSE Grades A-A* in English, Maths, Science, IT, Art and Design
Outreach STEM Activity Mentor Nov. 2016–Nov. 2017
Imperial College London – London, UK
• Worked with students aged 6-18 to inspire them to pursue STEM subjects in further education
• Executed laboratory duties including setup, cleaning, risk assessments and safety procedures
• Demonstrated and supervised laboratory experiments to ensure success and safety
• Voluntarily registered as an e-mentor to offer students social, academic and career advice
• Undertook training in basic mentoring strategies and safeguarding (including enhanced DBS)
Peer Assisted Learning Leader Oct. 2016–March 2017
Imperial College London – London, UK
• Mentored and educated 30 first year Biochemistry undergraduates on various topics
• Prepared session plans, learning aids, and study incentives independently and in a team
• Prepared and delivered presentations in various formats to innovatively convey information
• Reported statistics and results to supervisor and offered suggestions for improvement
• Encouraged students to innovatively follow their research interests with further study
Learning Support Assistant (Voluntary) Feb. 2014–April 2014
Rowan Gate Primary School – Wellingborough, UK
• Worked with primary aged pupils with profound learning disabilities and complex needs
• Prepared immobile pupils for travel by dressing with coats and shoes to ensure their comfort
• Assisted with classroom duties including: creating engaging displays using artistic skills; maintaining records of pupil achievements; and utilizing and explaining technology
• Investigated and applied tools and techniques to improve quality of disabled life and learning
Patient Befriender, Nutritional Support (Voluntary) Jan. 2013–April 2014
Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust– Kettering, UK
• Trained in infection control, dementia tactics, complaints procedure and patient befriending
• Improved patient experience by befriending, including sensitive listening, ensuring comfort and handling concerns and events in a professional, respectful and empathetic manner
• Gained insight into practical applications of drugs, therapies, surgeries and diagnostic tools
Learning Support Assistant (Voluntary) August 2012–Oct. 2012
Brooke Weston Academy– Corby, UK
• Provided learning support to Key Stage 3 students (age 11-14) during school science lessons
• Encouraged pupils to think logically and critically using their own knowledge to problem-solve
• Conveyed personal enthusiasm for science to inspire young students to pursue the subject
• Explained concepts using accessible teaching techniques, demonstrations and analogies
Interests and Personal Projects
• Imperial College committee member for Outdoor Society and Yoga Club
• Graded musician (ABRSM), opera singer and performer with Music Technology education
• Dedicated volunteer history for hospitals and charities including the British Heart Foundation
• Qualified historical re-enactor of 3 years specialising in combat and healing
• Fitness enthusiast, yoga practitioner, horse rider and rock climber (UK Technical Grade 6C)
• Former Cadet Lance Corporal, with Army Proficiency training in first aid, navigation and field survival, and skills in leadership, communication, discipline, organisation, and problem solving
Rose is a bright and enthusiastic person who is able to relay and teach a range of simple to complex subjects in bitesize chunks, taking the mundane out of learning and making it enjoyable. She is a good person who always gives 110% in everything she does, a very good communicator, as well as positive and encouraging - traits that makes an effective mentor and tutor. Rose is a friendly yet professional person, who is always looking for ways to improve her knowledge and skills for the benefit of those around her as well as for herself. For these reasons, I am writing this recommendation without reservation.
I've known Rose for a very long time now, she has tutored me in many subjects including Science. I couldn't recommend her more. Very kind and considerate person. You couldn't meet a more genuine person.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest other sciences lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school science lessons for all!
Taking biochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|