My experience in tutoring led me to a method in which teachers and students play an equally active role in the learning process.
My primary role is to coach and facilitate student learning and overall comprehension of material, and to measure student learning through both formal and informal forms of assessment, like group projects, student portfolios, and class participation. In the student-centered classroom, teaching and assessment are connected because student learning is continuously measured during teacher instruction.
I am a penultimate year student at Imperial College London, which is currently recognized as one of the top 10 universities in the world. I represent a Life Sciences department in my university and my degree is Biochemistry with a final industrial year in Berlin.
BSc Biochemistry, Imperial College London 2017-2020
• Expected grade: First Class
Undergraduate Preparatory Certificate for Science and Engineering, University College London 2008-2016
• Final results Biology 84%; Chemistry 88%; Science & Society 84%
• Top 10% of students on the course 2016-2017
Grammar school 2008-2016
• Top 0.5% of students in the country (all grades equivalent to A*)
MMM (May Measurement Month) project – Statistician and Data Analyst
• Currently analysing data from more than a 100 countries all over the world using different platforms (Stata, ASA, Excel)
• Working with more than 10 variables in order to evaluate most common reasons for hypertension worldwide
Imperial College Union – School Ambassador October 2018 – present
• Gave a live talk to ~25 school students about UK education system
• Paired up with a couple of other students from top U.K. universities to create a unique mentorship program to assist school students with university applications
Publishers group ‘Strelbooks’ – Sales and Translations Manager June – September, 2018
• Helped to develop a website promoting system applied on the e-Books website ‘Andronum’, which created
additional sales of 30 %
• Translated book announcements of different authors from Ukrainian to 3 different languages and vice versa (~50 translations) and wrote ~100 myself
Action Tutoring Program – Tutor October 2017 – January 2018
• Helped a group of students from various backgrounds to prepare for exams: average final GCSE results
increased by ~ 40% comparing with the previous year
• Created a more effective system of coursework and past paper monitoring: students received faster and more detailed feedback during the course
• Achieved several awards as a best tutor of the year in biology, chemistry and English
PROJECTS & COMPETITIONS
‘Make-A-Difference’ (Imperial College London) – Team Leader September 2018 – Present
• Selected and delegated different tasks to a group of 4 students
• Currently developing a molecular modification of present cancer treatment in order to improve its efficacy and reduce side effects
• Work with students from different universities and collaboration with professors
UCL Research Project (final grade 87%) January 2017 – June 2017
• Analysed advantages and disadvantages of chemotherapy in the treatment of different cancer types
• Compared different mechanisms of cancer development in living organisms
• Additionally evaluated alternative medical therapies for lung cancer treatment
Mergers &Acquisitions competition November 2017 – December 2017
• Carried out a financial analysis of several different companies including GrubHub and Amazon
• Created a presentation including such sections as Transaction Rationale, Valuation, Financing Options and Risks
• Achieved a certificate for successful completion of Imperial TEC (Trading Education Certificate)
LANGUAGES, INTERESTS&ICT SKILLS
Languages: Russian (native), English (IELTS – 8.0), German (level C1), Ukrainian (fluent), Greek (level A2), Spanish (beginner)
ICT skills: Microsoft Office Package (Word, Power Point, Excel – advanced), Python (beginner)
Interests: Poetry (Voluntary work in the Kiev City Museum named after A.S. Pushkin for 6 years. A guide in many tours for international delegations, giving talks in 4 different languages)
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - german lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|