I am happy to give lessons to anyone of any age and language stage!
My practical teaching experience comes mainly from one-to-one tutoring, as such, my methodology is individual-based. You tell me what you need and I will provide whatever support it is: help with classes, exam preparation, extra content, conversation in your chosen language. I'm a language student too, so I know what learning one feels like - I want to help with any practical support you're looking for.
- Primary school students (~12 years old and younger):
For 5 hours upfront, £40
- No cancellation policy: Specific class times arranged on a flexible basis – weekly, biweekly or other as you see fit. Contact me by phone or email and we can re-schedule anytime.
I am happy to discuss any query you may have case by case!
I am a third-year university student in Spanish and English Linguistics, and a native bilingual English and French speaker - I grew up with a French parent and Scottish parent. I lived and studied in France for all of my education until my two final years of high school.
Last year I taught English (ESOL) in a school in Spain as a teaching assistant, students being teens and adults from 16 years old and up. I also gave private tutoring/support classes outside of school, the youngest then being 12 years old.
All of my current university coursework is in Spanish, which means that including high school I have been studying it for nine years. I also lived in Spain last year as part of my coursework.
EDUCATION AND AWARDS__________________________________________________________________________________________
2014 – current University of Glasgow, 3rd Year MA (Joint Honours) English Linguistics and Spanish
• SPANISH COURSES: Written Language, Oral Language, Culture
• ENGLISH COURSES: English Language & Linguistics, English Literature
• YEAR ABROAD: Spain, English Language Assistantship Programme
• OTHER: Theatre Studies, Japanese, German
2012 – 2014 Dunblane High School - Dunblane, Stirlingshire
• HIGHER: English (B); French (A); Spanish (A); Music (A); Biology (A); Geography (B)
• ADVANCED HIGHER: English (D); French (A); Music (B)
• AWARDS: Peer Mentoring Award (English, to S2 pupils), Award for Excellence in French and Spanish
2005 – 2012 International Secondary School ‘Sections Internationales de Sèvres’ - Sèvres, Paris, France
• FULL FRENCH CURRICULUM
• GCSE: English Literature (A); English Language (A)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE______________________________________________________________________________________
• Oct. 2016 to June 2017
English Language Teaching Assistant – Escuela Oficial de Idiomas Prado de Alarcos - Ciudad Real, Spain
My role was to encourage learners of English to practice and apply their knowledge of the language – by initiating conversation, creating/participating in linguistic games, introducing cultural differences. I worked under the directives and suggestions of English teachers. It also involved preparing different activities and study resources according to each teacher’s needs for their classes, and presenting these materials myself.
• July 2016 to Sept. 2016
French Localisation Tester – Pole To Win, Glasgow
Application of French in a professional setting by testing video games at different stages of development, to verify and/or correct their translation into the French language. Includes punctuation, grammar, and overall fluency and subtleties of text.
• June 2015 to Sept. 2015
Digital Marketing and Production Assistant – Labels4Kids Ltd., Stirling
I handled the company’s English, French and Spanish social media pages, translating/correcting several of the company’s webpages in French. There was also contact with customers by phone and email in these languages.
• Languages: I have always been very enthusiastic about languages: I studied ancient Greek and Japanese in high school, basic Japanese and German at University, and study Korean in my spare time.
• Drama: I practiced drama for six years in France and two years at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, which has helped develop my communication and social awareness skills.
• Music: I play piano and guitar, and have been for fifteen and seven years, respectively.
• Eastern Asian Culture: I have a passionate interest for the cultures of Japan and Korea (audiovisual media, music, cooking…) and enjoy engaging with them in my free time.
• Video games: I have always enjoyed the imagination, stimulation and challenge in playing video games.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|
|5 hours||£50||£50||Not available|
|10 hours||£150||£150||Not available|