I think past paper questions are the most valuable preparation for exams, because they're the only thing that'll actually test if you know something and if you know HOW to answer something. After we cover the basics, my lessons will be based around past papers, working through the topics you find most difficult one by one, and helping you learn how to smash that exam well in advance of it.
Hi, I'm Jasmin, and I am an A level student preparing to study Engineering in September!
I really like teaching, since I genuinely enjoy each of the subjects I've chosen for A level. I have had experience teaching a robotics course for Year 8 students, and I have also led a school science club teaching basic principles to Year 5s. Also, at school, I mentored a younger student academically for maths and computing.
Academically, I achieved 9A*s at GCSE level and an A in additional mathematics, and I'm predicted A*AAA in my A level subjects, which hopefully will allow me to study Design Engineering at Imperial College London.
Jasmin Malek REFERENCE:
Student Arthur Dabrowski, (concealed information) Latymer Upper School
I am a 17-year-old student in Year 13, looking to explore a career in design, engineering and technology. I am highly motivated and seeking to build first-hand experience of the workplace.
Oxfam Books, Chiswick - Volunteer
OCTOBER 2014 - APRIL 2017
● I initially worked here as part of achieving my Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award but I carried on working for 2 hours every Saturday for 2 hours for three.
● I have experience with working with customers and managing a shop floor, as well as working with a team of staff.
STEM Academy, Latymer Upper School - Sixth Form Helper
● I followed a scheme by LEGO Mindstorms to teach year 7 students how to build and program a variety of robots.
Science Club, Wendell Park Primary School - Assistant Teacher
APRIL - JUNE 2017
● I led a science club for year 5 and 6 students where we explored basic science concepts through experiments that I planned and taught. I learnt how to direct a teaching group, and worked with a member of staff to conduct basic science lessons with children.
● I enjoy working in a team, especially towards a creative goal.
● I took part in the F1 in Schools challenge at a national level and this taught me how to manage myself and a team efficiently whilst working in a competitive and advanced environment.
● I have a passion for technology, and am proficient in IT software and social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
Latymer Upper School, Hammersmith - Secondary School Education
SEPTEMBER 2011 - PRESENT
I have the following certificates at GCSE level:
Additional Maths (A) Mathematics (A*) English Literature (A*) English Language (A*)
Triple Science (3 A*s) German (A*) Design (A) Latin (A*) Computing (A*)
World Perspectives Course (Distinction = A*)
My grades for each subject are displayed in the respective brackets.
I am studying the following subjects at A Level:
Mathematics (A*) Computing (A) Biology (A) Design (A)
My predicted grades for these subjects are displayed in their respective brackets.
I am motivated and driven individual interested in modern design and technology. I enjoy computer programming alongside my A Level subject course; I taught myself how to program in Java, and am currently learning Python. I enjoy building projects on a Raspberry Pi and making products in a workshop. I enjoy working in teams and problem solving, both through my academic interests and personal hobbies, especially when I can use creative techniques and applied knowledge to do so.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algorithms lessons for all!
Taking ict lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||Not available|