My teaching method involves identifying a students' strengths and weaknesses and using a targeted approach of clear, concise explanations alongside practice questions to develop the student's understanding. The student will be engaged by discussing the content with me, as well as my explanations.
I am an A-level student studying physics, mathematics, further mathematics and chemistry with predicted A* grades. I regularly assist my peers with their studies and am looking to help more students to achieve top grades in their GCSEs and A-levels.
Computer Science 8
English Language 7
English Literature 6
September 2016 – June 2018
Rolls-Royce Young Apprenticeship. I attended the Rolls-Royce Learning and Development Centre 1 day a week. I completed training courses in manual handling, CAD and gas turbine engines. I also did practical work in electronics, machining, turning and welding.
- EAL Level 2 First Certificate in Engineering Technology 600/6867/X with Distinction
- EAL Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations (Engineering Practices) 600/8264/1
Rolls-Royce Work Experience. 1 week in the IT department and 1 week in the Rotatives section
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• I am a keen computer programmer. I have written several programs in the python programming language.
• I attend my local church and help with dramas and am part of the music group. I am also a young leader in the youth group.
• I enjoy playing badminton. I have a lesson once a week.
• I play the guitar and I have achieved Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 in practical and Grade 1 (with distinction) in theory.
• I have won several school awards, including subject awards in Science (2014, 2015 and 2016), in Spanish (2015) and in Maths (2016) and the best in house award (2018).
• I took part in ‘The Faraday Challenge’ run by the IET in May 2015 - my team won our heat and came joint 9th nationally.
• One of my hobbies is chess, which I play regularly with my friends.
• I took part in the UK Senior Team Maths Challenge in November 2018 with school and our team came 5th in our heat.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£10|