My teaching method is to explain every sing thing in the lecture to the student and then asked them some questions to make sure if they understood very well or not. My goal to make students very confident in Organic Chemistry.
I have PhD from Swansea University in Bio-nanotechnology, and also have MSc in Organic Chemistry, I was worked in my country as Lecturer for nearly 10 years in the University. I am excellent in reactions mechanism. Also, to solve any problem in the course.
Dr Wanisa Ibrahim Ahweelat
Tel: (concealed information)1
Email: (concealed information)
• Graduated from Sebha University(Libya) in April / 1998.
• Collaborator in the laboratory of medical tests Jan /1999-March / 2002 in Sebha laboratory/ Libya.
• Studying Master in Organic Chemistry April 2002- Dec / 2005
• Lecturer in Sebha University / Libya from Jan / 2006- Jun / 2012 in College of Science; duties included supervising in the laboratory and teaching organic chemistry; subjects such as synthesis of heterocyclic compounds, bio-application of ligands as an antibiotic. I was also involved in the examination of final year projects.
• Lab Demonstrating at Swansea University 2014/2017.
• Demonstrating for 2 undergraduate students in C008 Lab, College of Engineering, Swansea University in 2015.
• Demonstrating for 5 MSc students in C008 Lab, College of Engineering, Swansea University in 2016.
• Have very good experience in UV spectroscopy, Dynamic light scattering, attenuated total reflectance Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR), Mass Spectrometry by EPSRC UK National Mass Spectrometry Facility from Swansea university and Nuclear magnetic resonance from Bristol University 2016, Have excellent skills in analytical chemistry methods such as (NMR, FTIR, MS).
• Post-Doc in Chemistry department, Swansea University (7-9.2018) with Prof Owen Guy.
PhD in Bio-nanotechnology, (Novel engineered metal nanodevices to be used in therapeutic and biomedical application). College of Engineering. Swansea University.12.2017
MSc in Organic chemistry at the Chemistry department, faculty of science, Sebha University/ Libya 12.2005.
BA from Chemistry department, faculty of science, Sebha University/ Libya 4.1998.
• Intensive English course in language centre Sebha / Libya - Jun 2010-2011.
• Intensive English course, Bradford language centre / UK - July 2012-Nov 2012.
• Intensive English course, Swansea University Jul 2013 to Nov 2013.
• Intensive course in Endnote, advanced endnote in Swansea university 2014
• Post-Graduate Demonstrators' Course in Lab Demonstrating, Swansea university 2015, 2016
• Intensive course in illustrating your research; finding images for your thesis without breaking copyright 2016.
• Intensive course in how to publish your first journal article 2017
• Intensive course in Dealing with difficult people, finishing the thesis and surviving the viva and writing giving conference papers 2017.
• Have a broad knowledge in the discovery and development of new methodologies for organic synthesis.
• Have good experience in project guidance, contributing to the progress of other group members, group motivation and laboratory administration.
• excellent ability at database searching.
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, Excel, Chem Draw and Power-Point. Use of EndNote.
• Excellent organisation skills, time management and good working under pressure.
• Good problem-solving skills and explanation of difficult material to an audience of differing levels of ability and backgrounds and very patient when faced with difficulty
• Ability to work as a part of a team as well as working as an individual.
• Good verbal and written communication skills gained through writing concise lab reports and essays and preparation and delivery of informative, engaging presentations.
• Have good experience in the development of modern teaching methods involving electronic media and methodologies.
• Yon Ju-Nam, Wanisa Abdussalam-Mohammed and Jesus J. Ojeda. Highly stable noble metal nanoparticles dispersible in biocompatible solvents: synthesis of cationic phosphonium gold nanoparticles in water and DMSO. Faraday Discuss., 2016,186, 77-93.
• Wanisa Abdussalam-Mohammed. Jesus J. Ojeda and Yon Ju-Nam,. Synthesis of potential pH-sensitive cationic phosphonium AuNPs in aqueous medium. (under "Publications).
• Wanisa Abdussalam-Mohammed. Jesus J. Ojeda and Yon Ju-Nam,.Size-controlled synthesis of AuNPs dispersed in DMSO as biocompatible solvent: using phosphine oxide derivatives as protecting ligands. . (under "Publications).
• Wanisa Abdussalam-Mohammed1, Abeer M. Alkhaibari 2, Esam Hamid Hummadi 2, Alyaa Abdelhameed 3, Yon Ju-Nam. Antimicrobial activities of Novel Gold Nanoparticles Agent against Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria. (under "Publications).
• Poster ((Synthesis of pH-Sensitive cationic phosphonium AuNPs in aqueous medium)). International Nanoscience Student Conference (INASCON), 21st - 24th August (2017), Bristol /UK.
• Poster Fabrication of novel Thiol-derivatised Gold Nanoparticles in water and in biocompatible solvent (dimethyl sulfoxide) (DMSO). Nanoscience: A Celebration on 23rd May (2017) School of Chemistry, Cardiff University.
• Poster ((Synthesis of highly stable novel cationic phosphonium gold nanoparticles in water and DMSO)). International conference advanced nanomaterials on Sep (2016), Surry /UK.
• oral presentation ((Highly stable noble metal nanoparticles dispersible in biocompatible solvents: synthesis of cationic phosphonium gold nanoparticles in water and DMSO)). Nanoparticle Assembly - From Fundamentals to Applications: Faraday Discussion. 7-9 January (2016). Mumbai, India.
• Arabic "Mother tongue”, English.
• Helping students with their research at Swansea University; Oct 2014 - 2017.
• Because nanoparticles have great bio-application nowadays, I want to contribute to finding solution for cancer disease for helping people who suffering from these disease.
• 1-Dr Yon Ju-Nam
Chemical Engineering. Engineering Central Building. College of Engineering. Swansea University/ Bay Campus, Crymlyn Burrows. Swansea SA1 8EN. Tel: +44 (01792) 295173. Email: (concealed information)
• 2- Professor. Bashir M. Eshtewi
Deputy Minister, Ministry of Higher Education, Tripoli Libya. Tel: +(concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
• 3- Professor Owen Guy
Head of Chemistry
Engineering Central Building. College of Engineering. Swansea University/ Bay Campus, Crymlyn Burrows. Swansea / SA1 8EN.
Tel: +44 (01792) 513181.
Email (concealed information)
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||Not available|