I am a patient instructor,i tutored from SAT ,11 PLUS EXAM to GCSE Level.tutoring is based on topics taking practical,industrial,domestic and environmental and or day to day applications.Resources includes text books,documentaries and online materials.
A Level students and project work including clues to research methods are welcome
I am a vast natural product researcher,had work in various sectors,former Lecturer of chemistry with over 15 years contact with learners plus over 70% of success.I am also a research methodology with impressive practical experiences.Also able to coordinate learners research work
• Strong practical and theoretical background in developing and selecting appropriate teaching materials for Chemistry and Biology to A level, Maths up to ks4
• Successful and self-confident in classroom presentation; establish social environment.
• Provide a warm, supportive environment for developing academic, social, and emotional growth.
• Implement a wide range of learning materials to appeal to student interest, maximizing participation and learning potential.
• Instil confidence, self-esteem, and an optimistic attitude in each child.
• High level of patience and commitment in working with children and young people.
• Analytic and versatile thinker, effective at developing and implementing creative ideas.
As a hobby, I also teach Classical music, singing, playing with attendant coordination
• Organization Skills
• Classroom Management
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Skills
Induction to teaching in UK Schools, Child Protection
e-safety Child protection, Behaviour management
Effective Starter/Energizer for effective behaviour management in secondary; Essentials of effective Lesson plan
QUALIFICATION & TRAINING
C & G Level 3 in PTLLS -C&G 2009
PGD in science Education, Lagos State University (Ojo), Nig, 2002 NARRIC 2008
MSc Chemistry, University of Lagos, Akoka, Nigeria,1999. NARRIC 2008
BSc (Hons.) Chemistry, Lagos State University (Ojo), Nigeria, 1990. NARRIC 2008
West African School Certificate Examinations: Inc. Mathematics & English
Current DBS on dbs update service
CAREER ;Chemistry Instructor. , AWA Training -Birmingham Informatic College, Birmingham B12 0HD
Tutors KS 3 to A level as well as;
• Assisted students in chemical laboratory experiments.
• Maintained student attendance and assessment records.
• Motivated student to improve their academic capabilities.
• Maintained positive and interactive learning environment for students.
• Motivated students to achieve their academic goals.
• Managed tutoring schedules on daily basis.
• Attended training sessions for professional development.
• Feb-May, 2009 Teacher Of Science- POSITIVE ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION [Rightrack] Saltley, Birmingham. B8 3TE. I taught General Science, Chemistry, Biology and Numeracy at KS3/KS4.
• May 2009-Feb 2010 CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE SUPPORT WORKER—Network Healthcare (partempt) City centre Birmingham (current CRB 06/06/10)
• Supporting young people 7yrs—16yrs in various areas of need, including:
• Support in Hygiene, social interactions, sports and learning in general and offering
• Guidance on assignment/project completion; coordination of young people sessions in the Education room, escorting young people to school, to solicitors and catch them young sport inspiration activities - (table-tennis, lawn-tennis, basketball and volleyball).
• (Children Homes I worked at includes-Stuarts road, Reservoir SEN, Fairfield, Herons way, Clissold, Southacre, Millmead, Braymoor and Viscount Children homes in Birmingham)
• July,2009-Feb,2010-Learning disabilities support worker-a Network healthcare Contract with MDCHA
Lecturer II, Department Of Chemistry, Lagos State University, 02/02 - 05/08
• Lectured on the following subjects: Organic reactions, Medicinal plants chemistry, Natural products chemistry, Coordination chemistry, Chemistry of main group elements
• Coordinated year 3 Chemistry practical and research projects
• Supervision of Organometallic complexation & Atomic Absorption Spec. identification
• AA Identification of heavy metals extracted from dumpsites wastes, industrial waste water and shallow well near industrial estates
• GC-MS Identification of Medicinal plants extracts of diabetic and ulcer remedy and essential oils of various plants
• Examination Officer-Dept of Chemistry
• National Examination Centre Coordinator-Joint Examination Board
Chemistry Teacher, Lagos State Teaching Service Commission, 06/94 - 01/01
• Other subjects taught: includes; Biology, Physics, as well as WAEC Examination officer 2001
Production supervisor; Rekkit & Colman Nig. Ltd, 02/92 - 06/94
• Supervised the production of polish, bleach and air fresheners
• Monitored the quality of raw material supplied for production use
• Undertook various administrative responsibilities
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Willing to relocate anywhere within UK
• References are available upon request
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||£12||Not available|
|5 hours||£50||£50||Not available|
|10 hours||£90||£90||Not available|