I am teaching assistant / learning support with a degree in Technology Management, I work in both primary and secondary school. My method of teaching is interactive teaching method of brainstorming in group session, establish a problem or question, then pair students, questions and answers. For Individually students that have special needs I allow students to be motivated by their interests, be part of the decision - making process, as well as other aspects of their learning. Hence developing trust and communication with student, integrating technology and mutual respect for knowledge guide behaviour not rules.
I am teaching assistant with a degree in Technolog management, who has been tutoring since 2001. I have tutor 3 different children from the same family with different age, I have also work with Edwards Saturday school tutoring children age between 6- 14 years old.
Rates various according to the distance
I am a hard working committed individual, who has a proactive approach to work and I’m always willing to go the extra mile. With the ability to plan, organise and prioritise I am able to deal with the challenges that come with every new experience. I am currently looking for a new role during school holidays where I can utilize all my skills and would welcome the opportunity to do this job.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
• Works well with people of all walks of life including children
• Effective team player
• Highly organised
• Computer Literate
• Good listening skills
I am currently working in a school five days in a week.
Teaching Assistant September 2016- Present
Home tutoring 2 children 2 days in a week
Orchard Hill College September 2016 – November 2018
Working with students with Autism
• Providing 1:1 support to students
• Managing behaviour and communication difficulties.
• Willing to be involved in the everything that goes on in the college
• Encouraging students to learn new skills such as getting out from the classroom and going out in the community in the park.
• Being enthusiastic, positive and friendly approachable.
Oak Hill Community Nursery
Level 3 Practitioner Jul 2013- Aug 2016
• Taking children out for activities
• Helped children with personal hygiene
• Interacting with children through their learning
• Liaising with parents and carers
• Observing children and writing reports to improve their personal and learning development
• Updating incident book when necessary
• Monitoring all children daily during activities and quiet time
• Reading and writing with children
• Giving medication, planning, assessing and evaluating activities.
Baptist Church Feb 2004-Dec 2009
Play worker / Team assistant
• Organising children’s play
• Teaching children maths and English, helping children to read.
Action for Blind People Nov 2003- Nov 2007
• Organising team meetings, coordinating duties
• Producing letters, sorting post, filing and photocopying
• Liaising with various organisations both internal and external such as finance department, stationery suppliers, local blind societies and social services
• I worked on my own as well as part on the team
• I have worked with information and advice team on the national helpline dealing with a wide range of client’s enquiries and request.
• Dealt with client’s grant application forms putting all details on the database and sending rejected letters to those we cannot help.
• The first contact for the all team of Information and Support Services.
Flow Personnel Jun 2002- Nov 2003
• Devising and leading presentations about the charity to possible supporters
• Dealing with donors and members of the public.
Edwards Saturday School Feb 2001- Jun 2002
• Teaching 6- 14 year olds mathematics and science
• Helping children who have been expelled from other school
• Dealing with discipline issues
• Planning and implementing lesson plans
• Implementing “work through play” approach for younger children
Parenta Training 2014- 2015
Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young people’s workforce.
University of South Bank 1994-1998
B.sc (Hons) Technology Management
City and East London College 1991-1993
BTEC National Certificate in Business and Finance
Southwark College 1990- 1991
GCSE’S Maths and English
Ngai Secondary School 1986-1989
Nsambya Girl’s secondary School 1983-1986
9 0 Levels including English and Maths
I enjoy listening to music, watching sports, cooking, I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends socialising meeting new people.
Available upon request
Perfect! She is a good Tutor....!
Perfect! She is a good Tutor....!
The strength of my student, is the willingness to learn, listen and work to the best of her ability.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||Not available|