My lessons are predominantly aimed at children and teenagers, however can be adapted for adult learners. I like to incorporate culture and references that engage the students in order to help them understand English. I have learned that students are more engaged and interested when they are talking or writing about a topic they are interested in, so I like to keep the topics relevant to what they like, whilst still teaching them the important stuff.
I am a Journalism graduate and have recently been working in Lombardia, Italy, teaching English in a variety of primary and middle schools. I have taught ages 6 to 14 and have a lot of experience working with children, both in schools and at summer camps and extra curricular activities.
A conscientious, highly organised person who is able to work independently exercising initiative, in addition to being an enthusiastic team member. Graduate of Huddersfield University, looking for an interesting and challenging position.
EP ACADEMY - Brescia
January 2018 to June 2018
• Living near Brescia, in Northern Italy, working in various Primary and Middle schools teaching English.
• Planning lessons, aimed at various ages and English abilities.
• Supporting the English Teachers in the schools and working with them to teach the children topics that coincide with the curriculum.
• Organising and running various summer camps for children aged 6-12. Featuring English lessons, games, songs and various activities to teach them English, whilst having fun.
KIRKLEES SUMMER PLAY CAMP
July 2016 to Present
• Lead groups of 9-12 year olds each camp, ensuring that they were safe, supported and having fun throughout the camp.
• Set up and run both small and large scale games.
• First port of call when the children in my group had any issues, including bullying, safeguarding issues and injuries.
• Play a key role on bus runs, communicating with parents to ensure the children were safe on the bus and dealing with any queries that they may have.
• Director of Fun, orgainsing and leading all the activities during a camp, ensuring that the staff knew what they were doing, children were having fun and making sure everything runs smoothly.
• Summer voluntary work, 2016/17/18
THE PRINCE OF WALES HOSPICE - Pontefract
January 2017 to January 2018
• Worked with the events and community team
• Assisted with the organisation of fundraising events and community projects
• Researched information for specific events
• Updated Donorflex with fundraiser's information
• Wrote Press Releases, drafted social media posts and collated post event publicity
• Created videos, posters, tickets and other media to support events
• Helped with anything that needed doing in preparation for events, and on event days, ie, organising raffle prizes, running stalls, contacting supporters and organising donations.
Work Experience Placement
THE PRINCE OF WALES HOSPICE - Pontefract
November 2015 to May 2016
• Worked within the PR team
• Liaised with local newspapers and TV to organise publicity for fundraising events • Wrote and distributed press releases
• Populated Hospice Facebook page with written reports and photographs of fundraising events such as The Christmas Lights, Wrap the Hospice in Love and the Annual Cycle Ride
• Used IMovie and Windows Movie Maker to film and edit events
• Supported the team by giving up free time to an staff information centre at fundraising events
Freelance Social Media Manager
October 2017 to January 2018
• Managed local business's social media
• Created content for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Helped grow the social media presence and gain interaction across various platforms.
University of Huddersfield (Sept 2013 - July 2016)
BA (Hons) Journalism (Grade 2:1)
New College, Pontefract (July 2013)
English Literature (Grade C)
English Language (Grade C)
Geography (Grade D)
The Kings School, Pontefract (July 2011)
English Literature (Grade C)
English Language (Grade B)
Mathematics (Grade A)
Science (Grade B)
Additional Science (Grade C)
French (Grade C)
Geography (Grade B)
Music (Grade C)
Drama (Grade C)
PE (Grade C)
RE (Grade B)
• First Response - GirlGuidingUK
• Level 2 Award Support Work In Schools
• Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
• Currently working towards my TEFL Qualification with TEFL Graduate
Skills and Experience:
Working With Children - Throughout the last 3 summers, I have volunteered at a children’s summer camp, during which I am a team leader for all six camps. As a team leader I am responsible for a group of five to eight children and was the first person they come to if there are any issues. During the camps I also help run different games and activities, including big games in the woods and smaller field games played during free time.
Teaching – Having worked in Italy as an English Tutor during the first half of 2018, I have gained a vast amount of experience surrounding teaching and working with children. I faced many challenges during my time teaching, examples include behavioural issues, learning difficulties and the obvious language barrier, however I have been able to work with the English Teacher, Support Workers and my colleagues in order to overcome these challenges. I have been able to use my knowledge and previous experience working with children to allow me to connect and build relationships with the children, with has meant that they are more engaged in my lessons, and thus are able to learn more. I am currently working towards my Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Qualification.
Leadership - I have been a leader at two GirlGuiding Rainbow units since I was 15. I work with a team of other leaders to plan and direct craft activities, games and outings for the children and liaise with their parents. I am currently working towards my leadership qualification, which requires numerous sections, including safeguarding and first aid.
Teamwork - At University, I played in the Ultimate Frisbee team and became their Social Secretary in my second year. During my time on the team we reached the national championships twice and created the first ever women’s team, entering the regional championships. I am capable of working with all different types of people and believe I have the ability to get along and work with everyone.
Safeguarding – I recently completed a Level 2 Award in Support Work In Schools, which included a section on safeguarding. The knowledge I gained from doing this enabled me react in an appropriate way when an issue arose at a children’s summer camp I worked at.
Problem solving - During one of the Summer Camps, I was on night support, which meant I was the person that the security guard would contact if there were any problems during the night. That camp had a sickness bug outbreak so I was a key member of the staff at this time, as I had to deal with numerous children being ill in the night.
Public Relations- While on work placement at The Prince of Wales Hospice, I was responsible for writing press releases, reporting on fundraising events and capturing them on film and leading the PR on numerous events.
Videography – I have created several videos whilst volunteering at The Prince of Wales Hospice, for both events and company volunteering days. These videos have predominantly been uploaded to the Hospice’s Facebook page, gaining thousands of views.
Social Media – As a freelance social media manager, I managed a local business’s social media, creating content, and growing the social media presence of the company.
Journalism – I am a prolific writer, having completed a journalism degree at university. I wrote many articles throughout my time at university, including news pieces, reviews and features among others.
I have had articles published in local newspapers and have received great feedback on my work.
Ultimate Frisbee – I was on my university’s Ultimate Frisbee team for 3 years. Competing in national tournaments, forming the club’s first ever women’s team and contributing to the team winning numerous awards at the Student’s Union Awards.
I believe I have the qualifications and skills that would be an asset to anyone looking for a conscientious, flexible person who is an excellent team member. Examples of my work and references are available on request.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|