I am a very friendly and approachable person. I think every child deserves the best. I aim to make learning fun and tailor lessons to individual needs. I am also comfortabe teaching language alongside literature. I am also interested to go over secondary reading and supporting matrerials to complement primary texts. I can also lend students useful pdf versions of notes and selected secondary reading. If they prefer not to study literature I can also give lessons in Creative writing or school level English, having written my first noivella at the age of 13.
I taught year 7 students poetry and creative writing for 8 months, alongside studying at university . A marked improvement was seen in their results. I also worked as a language trainer and conducted spoken English classes, for all age groups.
To offer lessons as a tutor
8 O Levels, 3 A levels
O Levels, 3 A levels
Bachelors of Arts in English Graduated: December, 2018
University of Goldsmiths, London External Degree
MA Linguistics Expected Graduation: December, 2018
Queen Mary University of London
• Chomsky’s Model of Universal Grammar
• Psycholinguistics, Cognition and learning disorders
• Critical Period Hypothesis and its relation to the ‘threshold’ age
• L1 L2 acquisition and the factors that influence Bilingualism (or Multilingualism)
Fatima Memorial Hospital Youth & Leadership Program – Intern Summer 2014
• 3 weeks of innovative projects on problems like power shortage and presenting ideas and innovation to audience and judges.
• Humanitarian activities such as distribution of food packages in underprivileged areas near or inside Lahore city
WWF- World Wide Fund for Nature- Intern Summer 2014
• 2 weeks of spreading awareness of globally extinct species
• Nature photography
Government Model High School at Lahore – Teaching Intern October 2016 – Present
• Teaching Grade 7 students classic novels including ‘The Secret Garden’
• Assigning and grading homework on twice per week regarding
• Urging the improvement of creativity in students by performing short skits based on drama or passages studied in class
Children Library Complex- Language Trainer January 2017- present
• Teaching English Language as a second language (L2)
• Practicing drills in the target language
• Introducing new lexis and syntactic structures in the target language (L2)
Literary Society at LGS DIDP – Vice President August 2014-Present
• Helping students realize acumen in particular major like English, Law etc.
• Guiding incoming university students in choice of major solely depending on what they wish to pursue
Khayaal Literary Festival, Lahore - Volunteer December- 2015
• Ushering guests to literary talks as held in the festival
• Listened to Literary giants of Pakistan regarding writing, politics and literature
Editorial Board – Vice President August 2016 - Present
• Helping determine whether or not a certain piece of writing fulfills school criteria Selecting art work and name of the magazine to be published
on behalf of Lahore Grammar School
• Improving grammar, tenses and other mistakes in writing of school students to make suitable for publishing
Research Projects/ Research
Research Practicum and Literature Review on Pronoun Reversal in the speech of Autistic populations (Forthcoming)
Collection of speech samples accompanied by quantitative and qualitative analysis
Honors & Recognition
• Distinction in Introduction to English Language Exam (University of London) May 2015
• TKT (Teacher Knowledge Test) Modules 1,2 and 3 (University of Cambridge) Nov 2015
• Merits in Renaissance and Restoration, Victorians (UOL) May 2016
• Distinction in Language and Gender (UOL) July 2017
Merits in American Literature, Drama since 1865
• IELTS Overall Band score: 7.5 July 2017
Interests & Skills
Investigating Child Language acquisition with a focus on second Language acquisition in vulnerable populations
Volunteering in Charity Organizations with a focus on delivering services to children
Urdu, English, Punjabi
school english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||£100||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||£150||Not available||£200|