I teach individuals of all ages and cater my lesson plans to age and ability accordingly. I keep all lessons as engaging and unique as possible, as this is the best way for students to learn and retain information. Students may be set work prior to the lesson so that they can work independently before receiving guidance and support.
I am a First Class BSc (Hons) Economics and Finance Graduate from the University of Bristol who has recently completed a qualification to Teach English as a Foreign Language. I have previously tutored students in English and Mathematics from GCSE to A-level standards and understand what it takes to be an exceptional tutor.
The TEFL Org: August 2020 Edinburgh, UK
• TEFL Certificate, 120+ hours
• Including: Grammar certificate, teaching young learners, teaching business English, one-to-one tuition
University of Bristol: 2017 – 2020 Bristol, UK
• BSc (Hons) Economics and Finance – First Class Honours (1:1)
Dr Challoner’s Grammar School: 2010 - 2017 Amersham, UK
• A-levels: English Literature (A), Mathematics (A), Economics (A)
• GCSEs: 8 A*/As including English Literature, English Language and Spanish
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Private Language Schools: September 2020 - onwards | Rome, Italy
English Teacher & Private Tutor
• Having completed a qualification to Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), I will be teaching English at private language schools in Rome from September
• Responsibilities include; planning, teaching, assessing and reporting for different classes in the schools
• Throughout this time, I will also be taking a course to learn Italian as a second language
GCSE & A-level Maths and English: January 2016 – June 2019 Amersham, UK
• Privately tutored Maths and English at the GCSE (16+) and A-level (18+) standard after excelling in these subjects myself
• Sessions were in-person as well as being conducted online but were always one-to-one
• Students were given work prior to the lesson so that they could be challenged independently before being guided through methods and solutions
• Sessions were varied and exciting to ensure that students remained engaged over the period, I have found this to be a key driver of students retaining information and learning at a faster pace
Issa and I met at school and he tutored me for A-level economics, which I was pleased to achieve an A* in thanks to his tutorship. His style of teaching is great as he pushes you to challenge yourself but also guides you in the right direction. He is also great at understanding what examiners are looking for when it comes to exam technique. I would recommend him as a tutor for anybody looking for help with Maths and Economics!
Issa is a very knowledgable and experienced tutor and I’d recommend him for anyone looking for tuition in the realm of economics, maths, social sciences, or general business and academic skills. I have known Issa for many years and he is very encouraging and well spoken, and I think this manner is perfect for motivating you through complex topics. Aside from a stellar academic record, he is very personable and a perfect tutor.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|