I would be more than happy to work through Primary, IB, KS3, GCSE, A-level, and at the university level. I am specialised in all aspects of biology, as well as general chemistry and biochemistry. My methodology includes so much more than a simple memorization and recalling of facts. I find it crucial to have an actual understanding of how to approach scientific questions, and how to reason through them. This is a critical thinking skill that will allow you to tackle any tough question, as well as benefit you in other areas of life. Nature is elegant, beautiful, and genius, and my approach will allow you to appreciate (and perhaps love!) the wonders of nature more than fear its difficulty. I believe that learning can be fun, and mastering a challenge can be extremely rewarding. These are the outcomes that I strive for my students to achieve.
I love science and I enjoy helping others feel the same way. I received my bachelor's degree in biology and chemistry, a master's in medical biotechnology, and am currently pursuing a PhD in cell biology. I have tutored at the university level in cell biology, organic chemistry, and biochemistry. Biology and chemistry are my specialities, however I am capable in tutoring in other areas of science. I have also tutored small children in basic science.
As a science student myself, I know what it's like to feel confused or stuck on a difficult subject in science. There is no better feeling than having an expert walk you through the concepts, and overcoming the confusion. That is my primary goal in tutoring others. Science should not be viewed as a huge obstacle, but rather a journey of critical thinking and appreciation of the wonders of nature. As a student, my schedule is very flexible, and I was once in your shoes! Let's work through any scientific concepts together.
Languages: English, Spanish, French
Highly experienced scientific researcher with a passion for biomedical research, scientific learning, and creative analytical reasoning. Well-versed in the theoretical background of cell biology, microbiology, immunology, biotechnology, and chemistry.
• KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
Master of Science: Medical Biotechnology - 2020
• University College London (UCL), London, UK
Master’s Thesis - 2020
• University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Bioinformatics for Biologists - 2019
• University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), Chicago, IL, USA
Bachelor of Science: Biology, Chemistry Minor - 2017
Visiting Researcher in Human Genetics- 06/2019 to 08/2019
Wellcome Sanger Institute, University of Cambridge, UK
• Summer project was achieved via the designing of a novel method in molecular biology to quantitatively analyze TaqMan SNP genotyping. The alleles studied were suspected of being involved in cardiometabolic diseases.
Research Assistant in Organic and Biochemistry- 08/2014 to 05/2016
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
• Completed three independent research projects: Thin Layer Chromatography for Detection of Neonatal Respiratory Distress Syndrome (NRDS)
• Urinalysis for the Detection of Functional Groups and Disease
• Connecting Protein Structure to Intermolecular Interactions (published)
Science and English Teacher - 2018
African Impact, Gweru, Zimbabwe
• Taught science and English in four schools in rural villages throughout Gweru, Zimbabwe in order to empower disadvantaged children through education.
Honors College Tutor – 2017
University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
• Tutored undergraduates in cell biology (BIOS 222), organic and biochemistry (CHEM 130), and biochemistry (BIOS 352).
Project ESTEEM Member - 2013-2016
Lydia Home and Rice Center, Chicago, USA
• Student volunteers in Project ESTEEM, which stands for Enrichment of Science Through Exposure to Experimental Models, work at two children’s shelters to show under-privileged kids the exciting world of science.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£135||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£270||£250|