A third year Management and Business student offering assistance to secondary school pupils in essential academic skills such as writing, reading, CV and cover letter building.
I enjoy a relaxed learning environment and utilisation of a variety of methods depending on individual needs and preferences.
Have given private lessons to friends and family members, as well as helping secondary school students temporarily as part of an internship. Also helped many school leavers with their CV's and interview preparation, allowing access to further education and jobs.
2014 – present University of Hull Business School
BA Management and Business (with prof experience)
Currently on target to achieve a 2.1 degree classification
Modules studied include: -
Organisational Behaviour, Business Environments, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Academic and Professional Skills, Human Resource Management
2011 – 2013 A Levels
Wyke Sixth Form College, Hull
English Language (C), Sociology (C), Psychology (D)
2007 – 2011 GCSE’s
Sydney Smith School, Hull
7 GCSE’s A* - C
Sept 2015 – Present Customer Assistant – Part Time
Working part-time within a deeply customer focused role has allowed me to develop several key skills whilst working both independently and as a part of a team.
• Dealing with customers with lots of different needs has allowed me to gain a much deeper understanding of how to communicate more effectively and to evaluate the needs of particular people.
• Responsible for dealing with customer queries regarding pricing, special offers and locations has given me the opportunity to gain a greater attention to detail.
• Keeping track of my speed has allowed me to work to specific deadlines whilst maintaining a great service.
June 2015 – August 2015 Sales, Marketing and HR Intern
This voluntary work experience placement was a fantastic opportunity for me to gain a plethora of valuable skills, enhancing my ability to work to deadlines and work to precision.
• Working with both apprentices and school children has given me a much greater awareness with regards to how to cater to people’s needs and abilities.
• Being given real responsibility within the organisation has given me a fantastic and realistic perspective as to what is expected within the workplace and how being able to work with others is just as important as working alone.
• Working within HR taught me that the needs of the employees are equally as important as the needs of the customers.
May 2013 – Sept 2014 Stock Manager
Teal and Mackrill, Hull
Being the first real job I had, this experience was invaluable in so many ways. Giving me a raw opportunity to experience a fast paced environment in which I had no experience was a terrific eye-opener.
• Dealing with a constant flow of valuable stock from the connected factory and other factories further afield allowed for me to gain a real understanding of logistics and the transportation of goods.
• Working alone in a new environment was a fantastic opportunity in discipline, both mentally and physically – as I dealt with a phenomenal range of products and deadlines.
• Time-management was a skill that I honed within this role, knowing when to fulfil my other responsibilities without causing delays was a challenge I eagerly accepted.
Hobbies and interests
One of my main long standing hobbies is running, having being a competitive sprinter whilst in my final year of school it is a hobby that is close to my heart. Whilst I no longer sprint competitively I still often run recreationally and continue to enjoy it. Reading and writing are both massive parts of my life too – though my reading tastes are constantly changing, I enjoy reading a massive variety of books from horrors to classic novels. I also believe my love of reading and writing has helped me in my studies, allowing me to gain a better grasp of language use.
Available on request
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school support lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|