I pride myself on having a good working relationship with students, and approach each piece/difficulty by dissecting it and working out where the issue is before tackling the problem. I would usually structure a lesson by a small warm up and play-through of pieces before working on areas where the student may struggle. I pride myself on creating a friendly atmosphere and try to the best of my ability to make the lessons fun as well as productive.
I am a third year student from West London with years of musical experience, playing piano since I was young, and teaching for 4 years now. I have taught several students both singing and piano, and most recently my student received a merit in Grade 4, which was a great progression which started from the very beginning. As well as this I have work experience teaching both music theory and composition in schools, which I found invaluable in improving my confidence with students.
2015 / 2016: Music Teaching Assistant, teaching Music Theory and assisting cello students, Colet Court School
• My time teaching Music Theory at Colet Court developed on my tutoring skills, as well as giving me experience teaching music specifically and the different skills involved in tutoring creative subjects.
June 2016: Classroom Assistant, Merlin School
• This two-week long work experience was invaluable in dealing with the difficult and stressful situations that teachers encounter, learning to stay calm under pressure.
August/September 2018- Now: Private Piano Tutor to a Year 5 Student, Barnes.
• This gave me one-to one teaching skills, which helped my confidence in teaching and improved my piano teaching techniques, as well as more general advancements in my knowledge of how to work with students by forming great working relationships.
2018- Now: Faculty of Arts Student Ambassador at the University of Bristol
• In this role I have done varied work, but all with students at struggling schools in and around Bristol. One of my jobs is to help students with their GCSE music composition. This gave me valuable teaching skills as well as perspective on the importance of outreach schemes such as this.
April 2019: Work experience at English National Opera
• In this experience I shadowed in all departments of the company, from backstage at a performance to advertising and marketing. This gave me knowledge of how a musical organisation functions, from the conception of an idea to a final performance.
2004 – 2008: Merlin School, 4 Carlton Drive, London SW15 2BZ
2008 – 2018: St. Paul’s School, Lonsdale Road, London SW13 9JT
2018- Present: University of Bristol (Studying Music)
ACTIVITIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND INTERESTS
3 A-Levels at Grades AAB, including an A in Music
11 GCSEs at A*-B, including an A* in Music
Piano (Post-Grade VIII standard)
Voice (Post- Grade VIII standard)
Cello (Grade VII standard)
Member of school choir and orchestra, as well as university choir and piano performer.
singing lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, piano lessons for all!
Taking musical keyboard lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£170||£200|