My teaching method is very student led, as I believe strongly that each person learns best in their own individual way. Many students have a negative teaching experience with languages and I am keen to make it as interesting yet useful as possible.
I am a student of Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies at King's College London. I am in my final year of my course, with previous tutoring experience in Spanish. I am passionate about languages and would love to inspire another student to love them too!
KING’S COLLEGE LONDON | CURRENT
Spanish and Portuguese BA – high 2:1 average in First & Second Year
PONTIFICA UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE CHILE | MARCH – JULY 2019
Study Abroad semester taking modules taught in Spanish, including Political Science, History and Cultural Studies.
UNIVERISTY OF LISBON | SEPT – DEC 2018
Study Abroad semester taking modules taught in Portuguese, including Linguistics, Cultural Studies and Latin.
PETER SYMONDS SIXTH FORM COLLEGE | 2014-2016 | A LEVELS
Spanish: A; Mathematics: A; History: A; French (AS): C; Extended Project: A*
THE GREGG SCHOOL, SOUTHAMPTON | 2009-2014 | GCSE’S
10 GCSE’s with grades ranging A*-A, including Mathematics and English
WAITRESS | BENUGO AT THE SCIENCE MUSEUM | JULY 2019 – PRESENT
· High pressure – due to location of restaurant, high volume of diverse customers with varying requirements.
· Team work – fast paced nature of service requiring exact time efficiency and coordination with other team members.
WAITRESS | BLACK BREAM | APRIL 2018 – AUG 2018
· Client service - learned a service-oriented mindset and gained the ability to assess potential issues and resolve them.
· Flexibility – worked within a small, relatively new team requiring flexibility in regards to job role and hours.
EVENTS WAITRESS | OFF TO WORK | OCT 2016 – APRIL 2018
· Professionalism – worked at VIP events and venues, gaining the skills for impeccable food service and the ability to communicate appropriately with a diverse range of clients.
· Leadership – worked regularly as Head Waitress, gaining excellent understanding of people management and communication with superiors.
· Working under pressure – learned to thrive under pressure whilst keeping to tight time schedules.
INTERNAL AUDITOR (INTERN) | BE WISER INSURANCE | JULY 2017 – AUG 2017
· Telephone operations – conducted outbound calls in order to gain further information from clients, therefore gaining competency in telephone communication.
· Quality of service – audited telephone calls and data, ensuring the upkeep of company standards of service and customer journey.
SALES ASSISTANT | BOUTIQUE BLACK | DEC 2018 – JULY 2016
· Social skills – small, personal and unique style of retail service taught me how to communicate confidently with clients in order to assess their needs whilst providing a friendly service.
· Retail skills – entrusted with opening and closing the shop, dealing with takings, working the till and formally handling complaints
KIRKLAND & ELLIS INTERNATIONAL LLP | JUNE 2013
· Administrative skills - shadowed an associate for a week, carrying out duties such as admin work, summarising documents as well as assisting other colleagues.
· Professional experience - communicating professionally with other colleagues as well as learning how to conduct myself in a professional environment.
BLAKE LAPTHORN | JUNE 2013
· Adaptability - I worked in different sections of the company, shadowing different solicitors each day. This allowed me to understand how a company works and the importance of flexibility.
· I also assisted on a post-graduate interview and hiring day, which was vital to helping me understand the skills that an employer relies on
Other Achievements & Skills
TREASURER OF SPANISH, PORTUGUESE AND LATIN AMERICAN SOCIETY
· Organizing charity/social events, money and budget management and working in a team with other committee members.
HEAD GIRL & PREFECT
· Appointed by students and teachers, in charge of leading Student Council, running school-wide meetings and events, creating and delivering speeches and representing the school and my peers.
· Confident communicator in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Simon Phillips – Manager at Black Bream
Telephone: 07(concealed information)
Email: (concealed information)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£90|