My lesson structure consists of focusing on specific topics which the student is finding challenging and building a trusting environment, in which I welcome any questions and am more than happy to explain things further. I understand and respect the individuality of each student, and am more than happy to adapt my teaching styles to accommodate them. I offer help from Key Stage 1,2,3, GCSE and A levels.
I am a third year mathematics student at Cardiff University with a passion for maths. In the past I was a lead tutor at maths master classes for ages 9-12. I have achieved A* in my maths GCSE and A in A level.
I am a third year undergraduate studying Mathematics at Cardiff University. I am a responsible and enthusiastic individual, passionate about enhancing and learning new skills. As a final year mathematics student I would love to offer my help in explaining maths and science to our younger generations. My previous job as a maths tutor has given me an insight of different teaching techniques and mostly importantly, recognizing the individuality of each student and their learning styles. I believe I can create a very engaging atmosphere while offering support in the classroom. I can bring my passion for the subject and responsibility to your institution. I am organised and always hold myself accountable. In my spare time I enjoy acting and performing on stage.
Bsc Mathematics University of Cardiff 2018 – Ongoing (Graduate 2021)
3 A Levels Loughborough High School 2016 – 2018
Theatre Studies (A),
11 GCSEs Loughborough High School 2011 – 2016
(Maths (A*) Physics (A*)
Leadership and Teamwork skills:
• During sixth form I organised and co-designed a mental health support group for children aged 11-18 in my school.
• At Loughborough High School I was the Head of House, in charge of organising yearly events and upkeeping the moral of my peers and younger students with fun and different activities every week.
• Coding in Python and C++. Experienced with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Edexcel.
• I have worked under high pressure environments and have had to communicate clearly and efficiently with clients as well as with my own team
• Fluent in Russian and English, proficient in French.
Maths Tutor – Loughborough High School September 2017 – April 2018
During my A-levels I became a maths tutor at Y6 master classes. I guided them to see solutions by themselves as well as clearly answering their questions. Secondly, speaking to parents for feedback. This job involved a lot of clear communication when dealing with parents and their children and it taught me to be more patient and compassionate with the students and other tutors on the team.
Frenzy Youth Theatre – Theatre Assistant November 2015 – February 2016
My role was to encourage children aged 4-7 to explore their imagination and creativity through acting and various theatre games. I worked with them to increase their confidence while having a safe space to explore their creativity and mostly I acted as a persona on whom they can rely. I was taught to create a fun and safe environment, manage conflicts through clearly explaining each side of the argument and most importantly to always face every problem calmly.
AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Deputy Head of House at Loughborough High School
• Director of multiple plays and shows
• Co-designed a mental health support group for students at Loughborough High School
• Silver crest Duke of Edinburgh Award
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£10|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£50|
|10 hours||Not available||£115||£100|