I am currently a Portfolio Manager at a global asset management firm, managing multi-billion GBP assets for pension and insurance funds.
I have a passion for teaching Mathematics up to and incl. A-Level, but my forte is building up to GCSE. I would not say I have a technique or method of instruction, as each tutee is different and can benefit from a flexible approach. However, one undertone which forms the basis of all my teaching is being able to instil a level of curiosity in the subject which can be practised without the need for a tutor. In my view, a tutor is a stepping stone in providing a tutee with the skills required to succeed without the mentor. As the saying goes, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".
I have been tutoring on and off (given my hectic work schedule and need to travel worldwide) for several years
I have taught 15-20 students in that period
My students have ranged in their ability and grades, however they have far exceeded the level at which they began their studies with myself
If you block book 10 hourly sessions, I can reduce the hourly charge to £18
If you block book 20 hourly session, I can reduce the hourly charge to £17
Other offers can be negotiated depending on the number of sessions booked
PRITESH DINESH SOLANKI
66 HILLVIEW ROAD, HATCH END, PINNER, MIDDLESEX, HA5 4PE
(concealed information) (concealed information)7
2007 - 2010 University College London
Degree: BSc Hons Economics Upper Second Class Honours
2005 - 2007 Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet
A-Levels: Mathematics (A), Economics (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A)
Other: LAMDA Grade 8 Public Speaking (Gold Award) - Merit
2000 - 2005 Queen Elizabeth’s School, Barnet
GCSEs: 8A* & 2A’s
May 2015 - Present Secured Finance Group, Portfolio Management/Trading - Insight Investment Limited
• Co-manage a suite of secured finance products, both liquid and illiquid
• Liquid mandates include a HY ABS/CLO sleeve in a wider credit hedge fund (c. £300mm), Total Return ABS/CLO funds managed on behalf of institutional clients and the flagship Libor+ Fund (c. £ 3bn), which has seen top quartile performance post the financial crisis
• Illiquid investments across multiple jurisdictions including Asia; esoteric consumer lending such as P2P and equipment leasing, subprime auto in UK and Ireland, multipurpose commercial real estate, warehouse financing and bridge lending to midsize UK property developers
• Recently acquired a US Asset Manager and increased scope to invest in US structured credit; work closely with NY team to manage investments in securities including single family rental, subprime auto, leverage loan and middle market CLOs and fixed rate CMBS conduits
• Material input into the entire process; pitching for new funds, sourcing opportunities/bonds, in depth credit analysis and ultimate execution via primary/secondary markets
Aug 2013 - May 2015 Vice President, Associate Portfolio Manager/Trader - MKP Capital Europe
• Co-managed a European Structured Credit portfolio within a wider Credit Fund ($3bn AUM)
• Strong and long standing performance; mid-teens net total return during my tenure
• Building proprietary cash-flow and bond valuation models to identify opportunities in the structured credit space
• Wider mandate to trade synthetic credit indices (ITRX/CDX), credit options, global EM and DM rates, swaps and global equity futures
• Overlay relative value opportunities in credit with strong input from the Global Macro team to understand key risks across interest rates/FX/equities
• Excellent relationship with global sales/trading desks, providing a holistic view of daily flows and street positioning
• Sole lead on hedging interest rate and FX risk across the global credit book
• Strong understanding of proprietary risk and optimisation tools
Aug 2010 - Aug 2013 Associate, Structured Credit - HSBC Global Asset Management
• Portfolio management of Global Consumer Asset Backed Securities (c. $10bn)
• Complex credit analysis on underlying collateral and cash-flow modelling to provide realistic financial assessments to senior fund manager
• Understanding the offering circular; bond covenants, waterfall structure, legal caveats, bond triggers and its impact on cash flows
• Created a methodology to forecast base/stress case loss projections for Basel III requirements under then-latest RWA framework
Languages Fluent English & Gujarati
Qualifications Passed CFA Level I; IMC QCA 4 Qualified; CF30 Qualified - FCA Approved Person
IT Skills Highly proficient in; Microsoft Excel + VBA, Bloomberg Terminal + Excel add-in, IntexCalc/Trepp (structured credit cash-flow modelling), Lipper and FactSet
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|