I tailor my teaching methods according to each student. My approach is to first identify the issue, lay down a structure, use mind-maps, bullet-points notes that are easy to understand and at the end of the lesson, there will be a mini-quiz. I also offer help with essay questions, in which I usually approach it by identifying the topic of the essay, set out a clear structure and assist in carrying out the research.
Trainee Lawyer currently offering online lessons. I am a LLB (Hons) degree holder, completed the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) as well as the LLM (Maritime Law). I have been giving lessons for almost 2 years. I have mainly taught BPTC students in selected modules chosen by the student (100% passing rate to date).
For BPTC / LLM - £45 - £50 p/h.
Education & Training
2018 – 2019 City, University of London
LLM (Maritime Law) - Distinction
2016 – 2017 City, University of London
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) – Very Competent
Outstanding in Alternative Dispute Resolution, Very Competent in Civil Litigation,
Criminal Litigation, Conference Skills, Civil Advocacy and Commercial Law.
2013 – 2016 City, University of London
LLB (Hons) Law – 2:1
2012 - 2013 Kolej Tuanku Jaafar (KTJ), Malaysia
A -levels (English Literature (B), History (B), Mathematics (C)
2010 - 2012 Australian International School Malaysia
O-Levels (Maths: Band 4; English Literature: Band 5; Science: Band 5; History;
Band 5; Geography: Band 5; Photography: Band 4; Business Studies: band 5;
Malaysian Studies: Band 5).
Legal Assistant at Siti Nor and Partners (Malaysian Firm)
(June 2017-September 2017)
• Liaising with clients and various contacts
• Holding a supervised conference with clients and drafted client care letters
• Drafted commercial contracts (shareholder’s agreements) under the supervision of solicitors
• Dealt with conveyancing transactions such as filling application forms
• Filing documents for court
• Handled timing and logistics of meetings and appointments
• Formatting documents
• Completed complex administrative tasks under pressure within a set short deadline
Intern at Siti Nor and Partners (Malaysian Firm)
(July-August 2015)/ (August 2016 – September 2016)
● Researched and made case comments
● Made follow-ups with clients
● Assigned to do clerical work
● Supervised drafting work
● Translated legal documents from English to Malay a
● Verbal translation in client and lawyer meetings
Mini Pupil at Trinity Chambers
• Shadowed employment and criminal barristers at the chambers.
• Observed and took notes of court hearings
• Carried out legal research using Lexis Nexis and West Law.
• Researched and Prepared client’s case to provide a legal opinion for the criminal barrister.
Member of Social Committee and Personal Representatives in City University (Sept 2016- June 2017)
• Organised events; Cinema night, Law Ball, Law Journal
• Worked with professors and students to improve the learning experience
• Attended Staff Student Liaison Committee meetings to discuss if any improvements were required and addressed any issues students raised
• Demonstrated effective time-management by juggling with university workload
Law Tutor (September 2017 – Ongoing) (Flexible hours)
• Tutored law students ranging from A Levels to undergraduate/postgraduate university students (A levels, LLB, BPTC)
• Developed professional relationships with students
• Tailored my teaching of law to the differing needs and understanding of each student.
● Volunteering at legal advice clinic, Start-Ed (2018 – ongoing) – dealing with predominantly company law and Intellectual Property Law matters. Attending to client’s concerns and problems and providing legal solutions and the methods of obtaining them.
● City Buddy at City University London (2014 – 2016) – Welcomed new law students, provided and assisted about the course and extra-curricular activities.
● Participated in the Bar Pro-Bono Unit (2013) – Raised funds through bake sale.
● Went to Vietnam for volunteering work (summer of 2011 - 2016) – taught English to the less abled kids and helped repainted and improved the facilities of the school.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£50||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||£225||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||£400||£400|