I aim to teach mostly GCSE or A-level maths by explaining and teaching the content in different ways. I aim to give my students a deeper understanding of the content by addressing all misconceptions and how to avoid them. This is easy for me since I am a specialist in Mathematics.
I have a Mathematics degree from the University of Birmingham (graduated summer 2019).
I am currently doing my PGDipEd (teacher training) to be a secondary maths teacher and am currently on placement at a secondary school where I am teaching several of my own classes.
I have had placements in 5 different secondary schools so far as a maths teacher/assistant and taught classes and supported students of varying abilities and ages.
A-Level students £25.
2019-present University of Birmingham
PGDipEd (QTS) Secondary Mathematics
2016-2019 University of Birmingham
BSC Mathematics with Honours (2.i)
2013-2015 Newham Sixth Form College
A-Levels: Economics (A*), Mathematics (A), Psychology (A)
2008-2013 Lister Community School
GCSEs: 12 grades A*-A including Mathematics and English, B in Spanish
2018 Maths Teaching Assistant – Bishop Challoner Teaching School Alliance
- Teaching at two different secondary schools vastly improved my ability to deal
with a wide range of people, whether it be adults or children
- Having to teach and help students of lower abilities helped better my
attentiveness and patience
- Teaching a rowdy class of thirty kids was definitely a great all-round confidence
- My training taught me to be approachable, understanding and professional in all
2016 Waiter – Taste of Paradise Restaurant
- Working so closely to and serving a wide range and large amount of customers
increased my confidence and has helped me become more mature. This has also
honed my ability to communicate with people effectively
- The fast paced and demanding nature of the restaurant improved my ability to
remain calm while working under pressure
2015 Work Experience – NatWest Bank
- Observing the branch manager and advisors helped me better understand the
professional attitude required in a workplace
2017 Finalist - Npower Forecasting Challenge
- Reached the final stage of a national challenge with my group for forecasting the
energy demands of the UK for an 18-month period using limited data and
variables. This developed my teamwork and analytical skills and also put some of
my IT skills into use as we did the bulk of our work in Microsoft Excel
2012 Student Peer Mentor – Lister Community School
- Listening to younger students and helping them work through issues at school
helped develop my communication and people skills
- My organisation and planning skills were also improved as I had to develop and
record an action plan to help my mentee deal with exam stress and revision
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£160||Not available|