Hello! My name is Travis Brooks, and I am a qualified trainer with a first class honours degree in Biomedical Science, as well as currently finishing a fast track post-graduate Medical degree at Imperial College London.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am happy to deliver a wide range of subjects including
- GCSE Sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) and Maths
- A-level (Biology and Chemistry)
- University level (Medical Science, Biochemistry, Medicine - Clinical and Pre-Clinical)
- Medical school admission exams (UKCAT, BMAT)
- Medical school admissions (Personal Statement Writing, Interview Preparation)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Biomedical Science Degree with 1st Class Honours (Oxford)
- Finishing Fast Track Medicine Post-graduate Degree and Imperial College London
- How much do you charge?
GCSE - £50/hr
A Level - £55/hr
Degree - £60/hr
Medicine Admissions Prep - £50
- Where do you teach?
- at the student's home
- a public study location, e.g. library
- When are you available?
I am extremely flexible and willing to work around what is best for each student.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- A Level
- Medicine Interview
- Medicine Entrance Exams (UKCAT, BMAT, GAMSAT)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
- Happy to tutor online over Skype
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My approach to tutoring will depend greatly on the individual in question as well as the desired outcome of the tutoring sessions. However in the first session I always establish an outline for where we are aiming to get to and how each session will allow us to move towards that. I will always try to explain concepts at their most basic level to begin with, building complexity as it arises, as well as ensuring that understanding is always present through simple questioning assessment. Each session is always finished with questioning to assess the knowledge given, and answer any questions that may arise.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have worked as a personal tutor and general trainer in a variety of forms for the last ten years, extending this to the role of university mentor, and assessor in the last three. I have successfully worked with individuals and large groups of varying ages, delivering and tailoring teaching to best benefit them as an individual. For the last 5yrs I have been the lead coordinator and teacher on the Cambridge University Medicine Summer School, and also am a lead trainer and assessor in First Aid for St John Ambulance.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a full Adult and Child DBS available with Online Checking Service registration.
• 1st Class Degree in Biomedical Science, MBBS in Medicine
• 10yrs Teaching Experience, Medicine Co-Ordinator (Uni of Cambridge Summer School)
• Full Adult and Child DBS available
• Senior Trainer and Assessor with St John Ambulance, Member of Association for Study of Medical Education
Travis is an amazing tutor who prides himself on each of his tutees achieving their maximum potential. For my medical school application I would never have been successful without Travis’ help
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest health and social care lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ukcat lessons for all!
Taking gamsat lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|