Experienced brass teacher and professional trumpet player based in Horwich, Bolton.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in Trumpet and Cornet tuition but I also teach many of the other instruments in the brass family.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a Bachelor of Music degree from the Royal Northern College of Music.
- How much do you charge?
£25 per hour
£15 for half an hour.
40 Minute Consultation Lesson £20
If I travel to a pupils home I charge a little extra
- Where do you teach?
I mainly teach from my home in Horwich, and travel to pupils homes.
- When are you available?
I am very flexible so I can schedule your lessons to suit your timetable.
I teach throughout school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and all abilities, from beginners to advanced players.
I teach both children and adult relearners/ beginners.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I teach both ABRSM and Trinity Syllabus.
I also prepare my students for music college and scholarship auditions.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I teach via Skype if you cannot make it in person.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I am an enthusiastic and encouraging teacher with a wealth of knowledge to pass on.
I aim to make my pupils enjoy learning music, be it just for fun or preparing for music exams.
If you would like a lesson or just some useful advice then please do not hesitate to contact me.
I look forward to hearing from you
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 10 years of experience as a busy freelance professional trumpet player and teacher.
I am a trumpet tutor for the National Children's Orchestra of Great Britain.
I am Head of Brass at Sedbergh School, and teach in a number of primary and secondary schools.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I am on the DBS Enhanced Online Update Service.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the Royal Northern College of Music under the tuition of Rhys Owens (Principle Trumpet RLPO) and John Miller (Head of Wind, Brass Percussion)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Incorporated Society of Musicians.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have a 100% pass rate with Students taking exams.
All my students taking grade 8 ABRSM have passed with Distinction.
I have also had pupils gain places at the prestigious Chethams School of Music.
• BMus (hons)
• DBS Enhanced Certificate. Online Update Service
• Incorporated Society of Musicians
trumpet lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest trombone lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, cornet lessons for all!
Taking tuba lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|