I like to keep my lessons enjoyable and relevant to what the learner wants to learn.
Even if you are working towards a qualification, I can tailor the lesson so that you reach the qualification standard at the same time as learning something you will use.
I am a fully qualified IT tutor who has helped many people from complete beginners up to a level 2 standard and in a few cases up to a level 3 standard. I ha been doing this for over 15 years.
• Proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint to level 3 qualification
• CTLLS (Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
• Fully qualified A1 assessor with TAQA update
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• 7.5t licence, drivers CPC and knowledge of WTD
• Experience of warehouse work including picking/packing
I am a conscientious and professional IT trainer with extensive experience in using MS Office. A highly organised and efficient person, whose thorough and precise approach to projects has yielded excellent results. Recent achievements with my previous employer include the implementation of an innovative new spread-sheet for tracking assessments.
I have worked with adult students from all backgrounds and abilities, including; dyslexia, poor eyesight and English as a second language, to help them achieve their qualification. In one case, I helped a brain damaged learner become proficient in MS Word to enable her to write her autobiography. In another case I helped a dyslexic student find a way for them to be able to use different aspects of MS Office.
I have a level 3 qualification in teaching adults in the lifelong learning sector (CTLLS).
Since being made redundant I have been doing driver training for HGV2 and now have my CPC and Tacho card.
Relevant Employment History
IT Trainer, Hill McManus
Achievements and responsibilities:
• Induct and process new students from beginner to L1
• Take unemployed learners to a L1 standard
IT Trainer, Rushden Learning Centre, Rushden
(April 2006 – August 2015)
Achievements and responsibilities:
• Induct and process new students from beginner to advanced abilities
• Track progress of students by supplying them with ILP and reviewing them regularly
• Updated and improved spread sheets to help staff work more efficiently
• Improved online filing structure to make all files accessible to all staff
• Created contact management database
Previous to this I spent many years as a manufacturing engineer and 6 years armed forces.
(2007 – 2015)
• Certificate in IT User Skills – MS Office – L3
• IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software – L2
• Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector – L3
Harlow Technical College
(September 89 – June 90)
City & Guilds
• Certificate in Computer-Aided Engineering (Advanced)
Cambridgeshire College of Arts & Technology
(September 1975 – June 1980)
City & Guilds:
• Mechanical Engineering Technician Parts 1 & 2
Saffron Walden County High School
(September 1973 – June 1975)
Educated to an O level standard including Maths and English
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microsoft word lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microsoft excel lessons for all!
Taking microsoft powerpoint lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£9|
|5 hours||Not available||£8||£45|
|10 hours||Not available||£7||£90|