I am a art history student on a gap year and I can give lessons to GCSE and A-level students. My approach of tutoring would really encourage critical, as well as creative thinking which is very important to any humanities student.
I am new to official tutoring but have mentored many younger students during my A-levels. One mentee who was doing English Literature GCSE is especially memorable and sucessful because of her amazing progress in analytic writing as well as text interpretation.
A-level students during exam season: £20 (per hour)
Cancellation fee: £5
English literature – A English language – A
ICT - Credit History – B
Religious studies – A Design Technology – C
Citizenship – B Interactive Media VCERT – Merit
Computer Science - C Mathematics – C
Core science – B Additional science – B
Art - B Urdu - A
English literature A
I am currently on a gap year and I will be going to UCL (University College London) next year (2018 academic year).
Sutton Trust Summer School - Cambridge:
18 July – 22 July 2016
• Participated in the British History subject course.
• Engaged in discussions regarding the course of British Empire, including historic art.
• Participated in team building exercises for the assigned project by lively discussions and writings.
• Designed and led the group presentation about a historic legal case and demonstrated understanding by orchestrating a re-enactment of a court case.
Whitechapel Gallery’s Youth Forum ‘Duchamp & Sons’
Summer 2016- Present
Duchamp & Sons are a Whitechapel Gallery's youth forum.
• Curated ‘Freedom/Control’ exhibition in collaboration with the artist Chiara Ambrosio.
• Learning curatorial skills by working closely with artists and researching intensively.
• Worked, helped and created art work on the gallery’s Family day.
• Gaining first-hand, exclusive access to exhibitions such as William Kentridge’s Thick Time.
• Working with artists, their work and analysing their respective medium to create independent and group outputs.
• Creative team building tasks and projects that are then exhibited.
• Attending medium-specific workshops to develop my artistic skills as well as gain knowledge of the art world.
• Photography Workshop and exhibition with Ed Thompson
• Wrote for Photomonth
• Workshop with Elaine Tyler-Hall from English National Opera.
From this I am constantly developing my communication and leadership skills, as well as engaging and analysing Art work.
Alec Reed Academy- Art Department Technician
11 July – 17 July 2016
• Took on the role of an art technician.
• Promoted artistic development skills through participating in small skills workshops.
• Assisted the teachers with lessons, as well as organising art trips and projects.
• Created and presented art displays all across the school.
• Maintained a child-friendly environment by keeping the department running smoothly.
• Engaged with children in class lesson and individually to help them with their work and creative knowledge.
She's incredibly helpful in explaining concepts and ideas in a clear concise manner and was amazing when getting me to understand and think in a broader sense so I could connect seemingly unrelated topics and bring them together. She was also an immense help in getting me though the oxford university interview process through giving me critics on my work and mock interviews.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|