MSci Chemistry undergraduate student at University College London with a keen interest in sharing my passion to others towards chemistry and maths. I am patient, friendly and enjoy teaching.
My main goal is to improve my tutee's grades, confidence and most of all their strong fundamental understanding towards the subject. I believe that the ability to explain and simplify a complex concept is a great indicator of understanding the subject, hence I will do my very best to implement this approach in my teaching.
*Additional Notes: willing to help with university application, as well as give crucial tips when it comes to interview.
Throughout my Sixth Form I have regularly taught various groups of GCSE Chemistry students. I helped them tackle their weak areas towards the subject through demonstrations and mental exercise.
During my university I assisted an A-Level student understand and explain abstract concepts in Chemistry which enhanced the student's ability to think critically as well as reason deductively.
• University College London (Sept 2016 – Present)
- MSci Chemistry
• Chelsea Academy (2009 – 2016)
- A-Level: Chemistry (A), Mathematics (A), Physics (B). AS: Further Mathematics (B)
- GCSE: 12 (2A*, 7A, 3B) including Mathematics (A*), Further Mathematics (A*), Triple Sciences (AAA) and English Language (B)
• Key Stage 4 Chemistry Teaching Assistant (2015 – 2016)
- assisted a group of Year 11 Chemistry students in acquiring better understanding of targeted weak areas within the subject as well as helped them achieve their predicted grades.
• Youth President (2014 – 2017)
- conducted monthly meetings to a group of people (approx. 20-30), requiring compelling presentations on topics such as time management and revision techniques.
• Sunday School Church Officer (2014 – Present)
• Science Competition
- demonstrated proven skills in presenting to a panel of judges and a large audience of academics. Facilitated discussions and collaborations of ideas to the group.
• Summer School
- clearly and competently presented to a large group of academics, based on systematic research and experiments conducted on Post-Combustion Carbon Capture (amine-based).
• Language Tagalog (native), English (fluent)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|